Ford Diesel Engines?

Help Support CattleToday:

I just sold my 6.9L IDI which had probably 300k miles on it, many of which were driven burning used motor oil. It had a turbo added and it was no powerstroke but it ran pretty good. If it would have has AC and cruise control I would still have it and would still be burning waste oil. Miss that truck.

Newer is better. You get new enough you get a warranty and if your astute you can get whole truck right before it runs out.

It's all things you pay for, and you gotta weigh that against how much wrenching you're willing to do...
I can rebuild my whole engine from the ground up for the price of a set of injectors on a new one.

Also, another 'plus' for the old 7.3 and 6.9 IDI trucks is servicability, I don't think they went with the 'cab forward' design at that point, which means the cowl isn't over half the engine, and you can actually get something done without lifting the cab off the darned truck.

jltrent":1rncufxe said:
My 02 7.3 6 speed so far has been trouble free. It has 31k miles on it and still looks like new as its home is inside the garage.

Here is a picture of my old 02 truck a couple years ago around 27k miles when it still had the original tires on it. It still has the plastic cover over the carpet that has never been removed.
VQhBGl8.jpg

Latest posts