Ford 250 bad pcm

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
2001 f250 5.4 no start.
Fuel pump runs continuously, with key on.
Won't communicate with scanner.
Check engine light Dosnt come on when key is turned on.
Injectors not flashing a noid light.
I'm going shopping for a pcm today. Anyone think I might be on the wrong path?

Yeah I've checked the harness pretty good. This truck doesn't hardly sit still long enough to get chewed on. I've got several things pointing to bad pcm.
Found a thread a bit ago on constant running fuel pump. Says to unplug pcm if it stops replace pcm. Getting my men set up on a new job site right now. In a hour or so going to run back home and try that.

I'm working on an IH 466E that's blowing the ecm fuse... its sounding like both vehicles have a problem.

for a 2001 you ought to be able to source a used one.. perhaps you can find a whole truck for less than an pcm

Kingfisher":16ltzn2f said:
Sounds like that electrical voodoo jumped from the house to the truck! You ain't packing a pacemaker are you Andy? :)
:lol2: No no pacemaker, when it rains it pours you know. Thanks for your help king. :nod:

Man do I wish it would really rain.

fenceman":1xszcvh9 said:
2001 f250 5.4 no start.
Fuel pump runs continuously, with key on.
Won't communicate with scanner.
Check engine light Dosnt come on when key is turned on.
Injectors not flashing a noid light.
I'm going shopping for a pcm today. Anyone think I might be on the wrong path?

Could be but really they didn't have much trouble. I would be inclined to think it was a relay that powers up the pcm. I will do a little looking on my wiring diagrams.

JHH":igp3ewrk said:
I would check power at the pcm relay first it supplys power to the pcm and fuel pump.
Thanks, got tied up yesterday and had to leave it be. Went out this morning and it started had cel and linked with scanner. It had no codes and the all the emission test were not set. You know like the codes had just been cleared. It idled about 5 minutes and died. Back to no scantool link, no cell, constant fuel pump running.
I have checked fuel pump relay. But not pcmcia relay.

Latest posts