for you longhorn folks...DCC (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Was past Dickinson Cattle Company today and thought I'd stop to see what I could see. The cow herd was over the hill, I could barely see them from I70. Quite a few bulls in this lot. Most stayed over the hill and didn't want to come up and talk to me like this fella.
And NO Caustic, I didn't pet him.
IMG_2868-1.jpg

IMG_2870-1.jpg

IMG_2871-1.jpg

Now, I doubt that this picture will give you flat landers any sort of scale of the rolling hills on this place but I tried. Dickinson's place was a strip mine. Hubby hauled many a load of lime and coal out of here. That also results in poor ground. AND beins that it is in Belmont county, the ground isn't too rich anyhow. Add those factors together and Dickinson owns the poorest ground in 3 counties.
IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2857-1.jpg

This guy was making a lot of noise rattleing the barb with them clown stabbers. He was in a different field than the 2 year olds.
IMG_2858-1.jpg

"Mildred, why do you reckon them folk always flash that light in our faces?"
IMG_2873-1.jpg

Someone's gonna poke an eye out! These guys look to be in better shape than I have seen in most years. They must be feeding heavy this winter.
IMG_2861-1.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoyed the tour on this cloudy Ohio day.
IMG_2875-1.jpg

Great pics, Cert!

Really loved the first one... can just about hear the scrape of his hoof against the ground as he's giving you that "come over here and say that" look.

Take care.

Great pics.

Always was a LH fan - they cross real well and can put up with some real bad weather. They eat anything - almost as good as a Herf in that regard.

Keep 'em coming,

Bez!

if yall dont hear from me for a few weeks its b/c i'm still waiting on these pics to load. lol

Beefy":3ki2y40p said:
if yall dont hear from me for a few weeks its b/c i'm still waiting on these pics to load. lol

Sorry beefy, I made the pictures small as i could but so you could still see them. :oops:

woohoo. finally got them loaded (more or less). About how many acres would you say that is in the rolling hills pictures. i'm bad at guesstimating nonflat acreages.

Great pics. Some of the best conditioned longhorns—that still look like purebred longhorns—I've seen in a pasture.

Great pics cert. Again you did a fabulous job. You need to get in the livestock photography business.

Great Pics. I love the pic of the bull with the horn that hangs down on one side.

Ryan

Beefy":17hkgubc said:
woohoo. finally got them loaded (more or less). About how many acres would you say that is in the rolling hills pictures. i'm bad at guesstimating nonflat acreages.

Beefy, that bottom picture is an easy 8-900 acres. Might be 1000 if you actually put a corn planter on it. Those swayls are pretty deep.

I think I heard somewhere that there over 8500 acres that they own here in Ohio. Last I talked to anyone at the "ranch" they were needing 5 acres per cow. I run 4 head per acre in the next county over.

Latest posts