For the welders

Help Support CattleToday:

Mig welding with gas shield the metal has to be clean. Flux core can weld anything that arc can, rusty, painted, whatever. I like arc welds, they are strong, mig can crack easier. But migs are so versatile and you can weld much thinner and fill big gaps. The welders that can arc, mig and tig have circuit boards in them that can pop and its all over. The cheap migs are useless, the duty cycles are so poor they overheat in minutes. Only good for city welding. I have a lincoln 180c and it is brilliant. Never over heats and when i use flux core it knocks the duty cycles right down for the extra oomph it needs to burn through the flux but this welder powers right through it. Galvanise poisoning is something i think most people have had mildly and not realised. If after welding you feel a little queezy or get a mild case of muscle shaking that is from the galvanise fumes. Not sure how true but i have been told fumes from flux core mig welding are really bad for you.

Lucky said:
Fence is right on the 6013, it's not a deep penetrating rod and you can "whip it" fairly easy.

Edit.....Fence said 3/32 6011 and that would work fine, I like 3/32 6013 for thinner stuff.

There's a green mig welder out there maybe a Forney brand? I've heard good things about them and they are fairly inexpensive. Flux core wire isn't the easiest thing to weld with but is good if your gonna be outside.

Forney mfg in Italy

Latest posts