For Sale 1969 Ford F250 Ranger - $75,000

Help Support CattleToday:

I have to admit I was not a fan of Ford truck's looks back in the 70's. I always thought the GM trucks looked better.

Dad never owned a GM truck.

Dad liked to be different too. He had a '70 model International pickup when I was a kid. Two tone; white and pea green. Interior didn't seem to match because it was bright mustard color. Dad never cared because he had a glass eye, and was colorblind in the other.

Back in the sixty's the company gave dad a new truck every two years. One year he got an International, it was a gutless wonder, and they could not keep the box on it; it sounded like it had lots of power, but didn't. Warrens had their own mechanic shop and they welded the box on. They used to get him four wheel drives all the time, but they rode to rough for him and it hurt his back; the next year they got him a two wheel drive. He didn't get stuck as much with the two wheel drive, as he was more careful where he went.

Back in the sixty's the company gave dad a new truck every two years. One year he got an International, it was a gutless wonder, and they could not keep the box on it; it sounded like it had lots of power, but didn't. Warrens had their own mechanic shop and they welded the box on. They used to get him four wheel drives all the time, but they rode to rough for him and it hurt his back; the next year they got him a two wheel drive. He didn't get stuck as much with the two wheel drive, as he was more careful where he went.
Dad also got a job in 1980 that furnished a truck, so the International mostly sat and he sold it. I don't remember it being gutless. As a kid, I recall it being the family hotrod. That 345 with glass packs sounded cool, although it wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats arse. Long bed two wheel drive that always spun one tire.
Uncle had an '70 International one ton with a home spun dump bed. Neighbor still has it and I get to borrow it sometimes.

Dad liked to be different too. He had a '70 model International pickup when I was a kid. Two tone; white and pea green. Interior didn't seem to match because it was bright mustard color. Dad never cared because he had a glass eye, and was colorblind in the other.
we are getting husband's old '70 binder going again, now that gas prices are up :rolleyes:. got a snazzy new red seat for it.

I missed out on a deal the other day that I ran across on Marketplace, 1993 D-250 12 valve cummins 4x4 127,000 original miles in good shape other than needing a paint job, $6500. I'm still sick that I missed out on it.

I missed out on a deal the other day that I ran across on Marketplace, 1993 D-250 12 valve cummins 4x4 127,000 original miles in good shape other than needing a paint job, $6500. I'm still sick that I missed out on it.
That's a bargain from what I'm seeing...

I've got 2019 F350 single wheel with a 6.2 gas that has never seen 10 mpg. Last I looked it was at 8.9, guess things haven't changed too much 😕
Yup! I hauled a tractor home for a buddy the other day with my 2019, except it's DRW and has the 6.7 - filled it up just before I left and it was setting on 8.3 when I got home. Progress!