WindyHillFarm

Reaction score
14.7 deg this morning not your average day for Florida

DSCI0138.jpg

DSCI0129.jpg

DSCI0130.jpg

DSCI0131.jpg

DSCI0132.jpg

Yea this has been wierd here too. I put most of the dogs in the house when itwas going too 18 but I have two who won't come and I can't get my hands on (losing them would be no great personal loss; but it is the principle of not having an animal in my care dying of thirst). I also have all my chickens, ducks, and turkey still in their shed (I should have butchered and ate all of them). I have big ~20 gallon blue plastic tubs (used to be cattle feed tubs) I use for waterers/dog baths (can't have too much water here for an animal in a pen in Aug) for the dogs and a big rubbermade horse tub for the birds and I also have a cattle water trough for the wildlife and so I can grab 5 gallons of water to top off the tubs without hooking up a hose. Unlike Florida, we do get a little ice here so putting a fist through the ice each morning is just winter routine. With the temps, we have been getting here the past week I had to go to a shovel in about day two (I think I broke a finger!). After a few days of busting it open with the shovel three times a day the whole tubs froze solid. I still have a hole in the ice in the big trough. Three times a day, I bust the ice in the ice hole in the trough so I can pitcher water too a 5 gallon bucket and then distribute water to the birds and the dogs, knowing it will be frozen in an hour or two. I have never had to do this much work. I would have heated tanks if I lived up north; until this week they would be completely useless.

THANK GOD FOR GLOBAL WARMING......

JUST THINK HOW COLD IT MIGHT BE IF WE DID NOT HAVE ALL THE HEAT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TELLING US ABOUT.

HERE IN VIRGINIA OUR GENERAL ASSEMBLY IS GOING INTO SESSION.

IT IS COLD ENOUGH HERE THAT OVER THE WEEKEND I SAW A DEMOCRAT WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS OWN POCKETS.

There was some snow, but it was south of us. We had 16 for a low yesterday and have had a record 10 mornings in a row below freezing with atleast one more to go.

What's the verdict on the oranges? Got some 36's the other day from Indian River and I believe they are the best I've ever tasted.

It was 45 degrees here today......that is 75 degrees warmer than last week. Quite a weather pattern.

grubbie":zjq98pyc said:
It was 45 degrees here today......that is 75 degrees warmer than last week. Quite a weather pattern.

You must be quite a bit further north than I am - it hit 60 here (Torrington area) today. Kind of nice not to have to be all bundled up for a change! :D