Cold bitz

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know how y'all deal with it, I'm worried about my water troughs with 15* weather coming our way, I can't imagine -32.
We're supposed to be below freezing for three days.
I'm going to drain the troughs at the cow pen, run a water hose from the house down to the troughs and fill them when I need to. I'm weaning some calves.
You guys are tough.
my boys drained the weather from everything as well. We made a fitting to hook up to the spigots and blew everything out. I'm hoping this is over here soon. I hate the winter

We equally admire those in the south who can survive the heat of summer. When it's cold you can always put more layers on. When it's hot there's only so many layers to remove. Went down to Nebraska when I was a bit younger with a friend who hauled stock trailers up to Canada. Hung out there with some of his friends and one afternoon we got playing a bit of basketball. It wasn't very long and us Canadians were running the garden hose on our heads to cool down. Also helped haul some square bales one evening. It was so hot and humid. I think they were trying to kill us.
I guess it's what you get used to. This past summer I was cutting up downed trees in temps of 106 - 108 with heat index 110 - 115…as long as I have cold water and a Gatorade or two, I can work all day long with no problem. But let the temps dip below 50 - 55, and I'm ready to call it a day.

I guess it's what you get used to. This past summer I was cutting up downed trees in temps of 106 - 108 with heat index 110 - 115…as long as I have cold water and a Gatorade or two, I can work all day long with no problem. But let the temps dip below 50 - 55, and I'm ready to call it a day.
I would be hiding in the basement.

I can relate to that.

50-55 is nice working weather here. 110-115 I'm looking for someplace cool.

Latest posts