Flush to whom?

Help Support CattleToday:

Flushing for females for herd building - Hoover Dam is tried and true
Breed her to calve to Acclaim ced 13 for your home run swing and hope for a bull calf.

IF you get a train wreck female.... breed up to simmental program.... to improve their breed...lol
no emjoies ... sad face

We also picked up some Blackstone at their sale. He's a black magic son. https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... CyRg%3d%3d

We used him and Epic on our first and second calf heifers this year because of growth, low BW, and high calving ease. We used blackstone on our second calf since his sire has a higher BW, just in case. At Byergo sale, we were able to get blackstone at $19 a straw (sells for $40). Either going to go well or be a hot mess.

Acclaim is supposed to have semen available, still short, they told me I would have it before May breeding, we will see

bse":2kr8vb6q said:
Acclaim is supposed to have semen available, still short, they told me I would have it before May breeding, we will see
Bse. Call nick at Jindra if your in doubt about gettin it. He sent me some. That's what I had to do

NEFarmwife":224jycqi said:
We also picked up some Blackstone at their sale. He's a black magic son. https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... CyRg%3d%3d

We used him and Epic on our first and second calf heifers this year because of growth, low BW, and high calving ease. We used blackstone on our second calf since his sire has a higher BW, just in case. At Byergo sale, we were able to get blackstone at $19 a straw (sells for $40). Either going to go well or be a hot mess.
Isn't Black Magic the reigning "bull of the month club" title holder. Came out of no where because of his #1 ranking $B. I'd never heard of Byergo until very recent. I'll pass on any of that hype.

torogmc81":30xkapdf said:
NEFarmwife":30xkapdf said:

Isn't Black Magic the reigning "bull of the month club" title holder. Came out of no where because of his #1 ranking $B. I'd never heard of Byergo until very recent. I'll pass on any of that hype.

I wouldn't use him to flush, he's terminal for us. We hadn't either but I was assisting another friend in that ABS search to dwindle down some choices for him and we came across black magic. Curiosity, we googled him and stumbled across his son and their upcoming sale. Certainly wouldn't have spent $40 on him. Black Magic is suppose to be the number one embryo sire currently but again, wouldn't use him or his son for that.

We spoke with someone recently who stated that Byergo does NOT have a good reputation in the area they reside in. I'm unclear as to why. So I hate even throwing that out there but the gentleman we spoke with, is reputable.

torogmc81":2pu24pk2 said:
NEFarmwife":2pu24pk2 said:

And for what it's worth, Acclaim is kinda the same deal. Jindra wasn't even known until Acclaim's $B.

I think Double Vision was the first to bring the Jindra name, that i recall, which is the grandsire of Acclaim. Never heard of Byergo untill just now, but gotta start somewhere. Thanks Hogtiming if it doesnt get here next few weeks i will do that.

Yes, Byergo seems to have come out of nowhere. Has anyone seen Bub's Southern Charm?
He doesn't seem to have as much frame, mature weight or $EN issues.
I like the looks of his calves and he is an outcross to a lot of popular sires.
At the moment if I were buying 30 straws from ABS/Origen it would be 10 straws each of Southern Charm, Hoover Dam and Rampage.

bse":k3kqtea7 said:
I think Double Vision was the first to bring the Jindra name, that i recall, which is the grandsire of Acclaim. Never heard of Byergo untill just now, but gotta start somewhere. Thanks Hogtiming if it doesnt get here next few weeks i will do that.
What state you reside in BSE?

NEFarmwife":2fe30sss said:
torogmc81":2fe30sss said:
NEFarmwife":2fe30sss said:

And for what it's worth, Acclaim is kinda the same deal. Jindra wasn't even known until Acclaim's $B.

A pretty good farm in our part of the country has been using Jindra for a while but Double Vision and others clearly never had the hype as Acclaim.

I'm not quite sold on Jindra Acclaim yet. We only have 5 heifers out of him, but they are all a step or two behind our other AI sired calves.They were definitely Calving Ease, and are bigger framed, but don't have much thickness at 3 months old. Their still young, but so far not really impressed.
Comparing against;
Ld Capitalist 316
Tex Playbook
HA cowboy up
Coleman Charlo

I would also highly recommend
SAV Resource 1441, and SAV Seedstock for making females.

LCBulls":39sx82po said:
I'm not quite sold on Jindra Acclaim yet. We only have 5 heifers out of him, but they are all a step or two behind our other AI sired calves.They were definitely Calving Ease, and are bigger framed, but don't have much thickness at 3 months old. Their still young, but so far not really impressed.
Comparing against;
Ld Capitalist 316
Tex Playbook
HA cowboy up
Coleman Charlo

I would also highly recommend
SAV Resource 1441, and SAV Seedstock for making females.

What are your thoughts on Cowboy Up? I wanted to throw some of him in our breedings this year but it didn't happen.

I feel as though, over half our females are Resource and Seedstock, that have been retained the last couple years. Really liking our Charlo and Titanium calves this year so far. They'd have been out of the Resource and Seedstock replacements.

We flushed our best cow, Coleman Engage 5255's (Select Sires) Dam to Cowboy Up, Seedstock, Rb Confirmed (oops), and Charlo
Cowboy Up's are definitely the biggest so far. They are really thick and have big tops and good structure. Only negative is that they are all brown hair colored as calves. Only got 2 Charlo calves out of that flush, but the heifer is probably the best heifer calf we've had.
We bred fairly heavy to Cowboy Up and would say that his calves are all really consistent and none have been duds.
Haven't bred any Charlo x Resource or Seedstock.I bet those are nice
We are planning on flushing to Raindance and President. The pictures I've seen of their calves at Schaff are unreal.
( March Raindance)

LCBulls":1v2veb75 said:
We flushed our best cow, Coleman Engage 5255's (Select Sires) Dam to Cowboy Up, Seedstock, Rb Confirmed (oops), and Charlo
Cowboy Up's are definitely the biggest so far. They are really thick and have big tops and good structure. Only negative is that they are all brown hair colored as calves. Only got 2 Charlo calves out of that flush, but the heifer is probably the best heifer calf we've had.
We bred fairly heavy to Cowboy Up and would say that his calves are all really consistent and none have been duds.
Haven't bred any Charlo x Resource or Seedstock.I bet those are nice
We are planning on flushing to Raindance and President. The pictures I've seen of their calves at Schaff are unreal.
( March Raindance)

Why the oops on Rb Confirmed? We have a heifer calf out of him and I love her. ET calf.

We bred to President this year. I believe we got 30 straws of him. I also think he's the only SAV we used this year except for a straw of this or that, that we had leftover.

Latest posts