Flush to whom?

Help Support CattleToday:

hornedfrogbbq":1usiduek said:
We have no clue on flushing or the like. We are breeding for replacements. So, given that, we are looking hard at hoover dam, 7229, Impression and/or Consensus. I'd toss CC&7 in there as well. momma making fathers....

If your breeding for females than I'd also Recommend these cow makers. Resource/Renown, LD Capitalist 316. Sensation/Seedstock

gizmom":1ain7odr said:
I will be honest I have not read the entire thread, but s to the original question. We don't flush heifers, no matter how good they look or how great the pedigree. At this stage she is just a nice heifer with a nice pedigree, that just doesn't make her flush quality.

Gizmom

I respect your decision not to flush a heifer and I understand the reasons why but for us, it is the most economical way to bring the genetics we're wanting in our herd. By this time next year, we should have 15+ offspring of hers on the ground from 3 sires! And the remaining embryos are all profit. 3 embryos bought me a bred heifer today.

Ain't no shame in my game.

Good day for flushing. She gave us 22 embryos! We did a 9/18 hr AI at standing heat this time. I was concerned but followed our ET's suggestion.

Our other donor gave us 12. We AI'd her at 12/24 hr. This is the best flush she has given us.

LCBulls":36rbvqb4 said:
What Sires did you use to flush them to?
Sorry, forgot to include that.

We flushed both to Bar R Jet Black.

As suggested, our MAF has a lot of Connealy already. Be interesting to see these calves.

Our Poss was purely an EPD's. Jet black is fairly new but if his numbers are what they state, should make some good calves together.

NEFarmwife":2m2gcagv said:
LCBulls":2m2gcagv said:
What Sires did you use to flush them to?
Sorry, forgot to include that.

We flushed both to Bar R Jet Black.

As suggested, our MAF has a lot of Connealy already. Be interesting to see these calves.

Our Poss was purely an EPD's. Jet black is fairly new but if his numbers are what they state, should make some good calves together.

Nice, I like the looks of him. He should obviously have plenty of growth, at least based on his EPDs. He's a bull that I wouldn't mind sampling. I'll probably wait and see how they perform. We've used a lot of new stuff lately and should probably go the proven route. It's definitely more exciting to try the new ones though.

We have a couple PB bull calves out of Connealy 1682 (basin payweight son) and they look like orphans against our commercial bulls. Was difficult to cut their nuts but made the right decision. Makes me a little leary on payweight. Both of these young bulls were by far the worst we have.

Hoping everything we've bred to for our flushes come out alright.