Floods

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I'm watching the news coverage of the midwest floods. Not one farmer interviewed.
Iowa and Illinois flooded. That should make us very afraid, since it will be too late to re-plant when things finally dry out. CORN is already above $7.50, and my guess is it will go a lot higher. I sure hope consumers like grass fed beef, because that is what will be available when this all cycles through.
I hear of Indiana farmers who have re-planted twice, and now have corn under 4 feet of water.
This disaster is going to take a long time to heal.
My sympathy to any board members who are struggling with this disaster.

edit: I found a news link on the internet. This story isn't currently featured on the TV.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367007,00.html
"The U.S. government will report later this month on how many acres of corn were lost to floodwaters. But farmers and agriculture experts already say the toll appears grim, with thousands of acres probably destroyed in the region that grows most of the world's corn."

The weather, economy, price of fuel...There are so many things against anyone in agriculture I am afraid to even think what the future holds for all of us.

Because even though certain things may not effect one at this time this is going to be a global problem and we are going to all be in for one h@ll of a ride.

I guarantee some of us won't be standing when this all levels out.. if this levels out.... :(

looking ahead, i think the next cow we butcher well have it all turned into beef jerky & dig a well to use a rope & bucket. also buy more ammo for my muslimnieghbors who hate us in usa. gotta love progression?

Latest posts