Fire and floods in Australia

Help Support CattleToday:

Milder conditions in Victoria at the moment. But expect the temparature to warm up a lot more over the next few days. Still 20+ fires burning down there. Firefighter hurt last night,limb fell off tree onto him. In a serious but stable condition. Hopes he ok because they do a wonderful job. Residents of the devastated Marysville went back for a look yesterday. Buses were supplied with very strict movement condiitons. The township of formerly 600+ residents is still a crime scene. Estimates are that 1 in 5 residents died. It may be more than 2 weeks before free movement will be allowed.
Help continues to pour in to the area. Thousands of Australians have come from all over to lend a hand as volunteers. none have gotten in the way. Thats Australians for you. Help each other most of the time. My heart still goes out to the devastating loss of livestock in the northern Queensland floods.
ABC.net.au will let you navigate around the country and have a look at the pics.
Colin

I went to this websight,abc.net,au, and spent about a half hour reading about this sad event.
There are no words that can describe how really bad this is.The sad look on those people faces and also the children.My heart goes out to you people in Australia.
And to think that people are setting some of these fires,and looting the victims that lost almost everything just makes my blood boil.It should be open season on all arsonists and looters with no questions asked.I read where one stole a bucket from a motel that had money that was being collected for the poor people.
There's no way in he11 a person of this category should be able to remain alive.
At this point I think I would enjoy setting back with a long range sniper rifle,and eliminating these type of lowlife. They are the scum of the earth.
You good people of Australia have my prayers.

Cal

Thanks calman. Australians do look after each other most of the time. next weekend is the national memorial service in Melbourne. It will be held in a stadium that holds 90,000+ Bet it will be filled to capacity,plus people outside. Australia spends lots of money on Mental health each year. Most mental health clients that I have come across in my years of nursing are behavioural or the biigest majority is drug induced. As soon as dopeheads realise that marijuana is a big cause of "mental health" issues the better. That will never happen because of the money component. The arsonist is in a safe location for fears for his safety. He appears in court today. keep you posted.
Colin

My heart goes out to our Australian friends. What a terrible tragedy, even for those not directly involved. Times like these tend to bring out the best in some, and the worst in others. Fortunately, I believe the best far outnumbers the worst.

I'm with Cal on this one all arsonists and looters should be mowed down, all this namby pamby he had a bad child hood he was misunderstood, my a$$. My husband had a bad childhood he has never done a bad thing in his life, his only bad thoughts are like ours, low life's should be put out of their misery, by way of a bullet. and Van I would like to believe that the good far out number the bad.
Colin you take care, and the rest of all our Australian cyber friends also. Has Keren posted? is she near any of this?

Australian":1tgloe56 said:
189 persons have died now. The arsonist appeared in court today. It will be a long drawn out case I'd say.
Colin

Just a waste of time and money. :mad: :mad:

Cal