Flex Rake

Help Support CattleToday:

Love to have one, designed by a farmer looking for efficiency from what I understand. Saw a guy around here who had mounted a "V" on the front of his tractor a couple years ago.

Sizmic

The neighbors put a rake on the front of their tractor and there was too much dust and the radiator would plug up and overheat the tractor.

The rake in the video looks nice, but it would make it hard to keep an eye on the baler. Hard to tell when it is starting to plug up or if the twine is cut. I would have to try one before I bought one.

i can just imagin the mess u would have if a big wad went threw the bailer didnt take it and it bunched hay up to the tractor in heavy hay. let alone having to have cords for the monitor ran clear back there and most the time our hay needs racked then aired for an hour or so b4 bailing

Another company builds a version of this down the road from me. They have been using them for several years around here with no problems.

There will be one at the cow calf convention, Ham Wilson Arena, Auburn University Friday June 15th if anyone will be in the area. I called about the XTD 10 wheel today, saw this thread and thought I'd post

Looking at the video it appeared to me that none of the hay under the Windrow was ever raked. That seems wasteful to me.

inbredredneck":y8yqjwtj said:
Looking at the video it appeared to me that none of the hay under the Windrow was ever raked. That seems wasteful to me.
Wasteful? How is that?

As you can see...the "unraked" hay in the windrow will be picked up by the baler....

vette there is a big difference between combining 2 windrows and raking mowed hay. At the 46 second mark the baler man was wasting hay but to each his own.

ALACOWMAN":34upvgka said:
with the humidity here, i like a little air time before bailing

They are built about 30 mins from me. I just don't know how good it would work on our odd ball fields. Also I'm afraid you could see what was going on in the baler.

ALACOWMAN":3uwr6tqz said:
with the humidity here, i like a little air time before bailing
I can't believe it, but here we agree on something. We have a daily dew equal to 1 or 2 tenths inch of rain it needs time after raking to air out.

inbredredneck":qs8vrc0z said:
ALACOWMAN":qs8vrc0z said:
with the humidity here, i like a little air time before bailing[/quote]I can't believe it, but here we agree on something. We have a daily dew equal to 1 or 2 tenths inch of rain it needs time after raking to air out.
if i gave a dam,, then it might be worth something

I took a few pics on my phone before the cow calf conference Friday in Auburn. They were sponsors and had one on display out front. I hope this works. Looked the fella's done his homework. Built well. He got in and moved it to show the turning radius and it spun on a dime.
Auburn-Opelika-20120615-00106.jpg

Auburn-Opelika-20120615-00109.jpg

Auburn-Opelika-20120615-00112.jpg

That has to be one expensive hay rake. How long is that drive shaft? Hydraulic hoses? Someone mentioned monitor cables. Without doing the numbers, everyone needs an older tractor. If you have a kid or an old man or a wife around you got a driver. Before we got the wheel rake; raking was the bottleneck in our process. Now, I rake, take a nap and bale.

It took some real talent to design that tool. I just don't need one.

Latest posts