New idea hay rake

Help Support CattleToday:

Hardnosecattleco

Reaction score
I've looked all over the internet and haven't really found a straight answer am hoping someone on here can help me out. I bought a new idea 400 roll a bar hay rake last year and am looking to paint it just because it's what I do just like stuff looking nice I suppose. It's currently all rust colored and I can't seem to figure out what colors it's supposed to be. Any insight would be great since I'd like to paint it before spring. Make the neighbors think I'm making money and bought a new rake!

I've looked all over the internet and haven't really found a straight answer am hoping someone on here can help me out. I bought a new idea 400 roll a bar hay rake last year and am looking to paint it just because it's what I do just like stuff looking nice I suppose. It's currently all rust colored and I can't seem to figure out what colors it's supposed to be. Any insight would be great since I'd like to paint it before spring. Make the neighbors think I'm making money and bought a new rake!

Some I have seen were orange frame with green bars, tines, guard. Newer ones are red frame, and black rake.

I would be inclined to paint it yellow and red, and put a new Holland sticker on it. They sell better. :)

Orange and green? No wonder why they were never popular! Half inclined to leave it rusty instead of that color design! Ha

That was back just after AC's implements part became New Idea I believe. So that accounts for the orange. Green wasn't the best secondary color.

The wife's brother has one, good rake.

1087725-1.jpg

img.axd

Last edited:

Latest posts