Flat Head Ford

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I remember that Dad always drove a Ford. He liked the flat head Ford, he always did his own repairs. I remember the water, and fuel pumps that I helped him replace. I just had to pay for a fuel and injector pumps on my pickup $2200.00 installed. Thats probably more than twice what he paid for his last Ford. Times have changed, for the better ?
Tom.

Caustic Burno":n1lq1uj5 said:
Back then no one pulled a trailer they just loaded the cows in the bed with sideboards.
Or the bakc seat of the car

kerley":3oygrred said:
I remember that Dad always drove a Ford. He liked the flat head Ford, he always did his own repairs. I remember the water, and fuel pumps that I helped him replace. I just had to pay for a fuel and injector pumps on my pickup $2200.00 installed. Thats probably more than twice what he paid for his last Ford. Times have changed, for the better ?
Tom.

Yea, I think for the better in some ways. Certainly in the reliability and longivity of cars and trucks. There's no way a flathead Ford would run for 100K miles or more without something major going wrong. Today the engines just seem to be getting broke in at 100K. I remember as a teenager going to a drag race and watching a fellow run a flathead rail through the traps at about 150 MPH and thought to myself "how the heII did he do that"? Then the next pass, when he sent pieces of the engine over the grandstands, I figured out he was extremely lucky on the first pass. Oh yea, he was running an Arden conversion so I guess it really wasn't a "flat" head.

Everything sure was easy to work on back in those days or maybe I was just younger then and could get into place under the hood that I can't even see today.

Latest posts