Flash Rant: Postal service

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
So, I hear that the USPS is soliciting the opinions from us lower beings about how they can serve us in a better capacity.

This is entirely too rich in comedic possibilities. I thought we could each add a suggestion or two.

I don't want to offend anyone who might be a USPS employee or contractor, so please bear with me and know that this is MY experience only with my local PO.

...So, what's wrong with the USPS??? I'll start:

They don't keep regular people hours. I get off work at four. The post office lobby closes at four. You do the math. Why do government offices all close at four? My original suggestion is to open half day on Saturdays. But they are going to stop delivering mail on Saturday, so that won't really help...

Please feel free to add. I can go on for days. I'm interested in hearing your stories.

What can the USPS do to improve it's service?

they charge to much to ship stuff.but dang them carriers make the money.i know 1 mail man that has a 2008 an 2009 truck.an both are payed for.

They could quit fully funding their retirement plan like all the other gov't agencies and they would be in the black . :clap: I have no complaints since my wife works for USPS.And yes Bigbull...the money is good and the work is hard too..Amazing how many a-holes can live on one rural route.

I think the USPO should start charging junk mail senders the same fee they charge citizens for postage. That would probly end most junk mail and lighten up the USPO work load which would solve many current problems.
~Tom

If I didn't have a PO box, I swear I would never darken the door of that place! I don't get mail at my house because there is too much opportunity for someone to steal your identity, not to mention the mail box abuse. Had one for a while and kept getting knocked down.

Ever lost the key to your PO box? A new meaning of frustration.

And I realize that clerks probably deal with about a million jerks a day, but really, I'm not one of them - yet. I'm trying to get my stuff done. Try to be a little nicer. I didn't go all postal on you.

Why, when they build bigger post offices, don't they hire additional clerks? What is the good in having six windows if there are two clerks and one of them is on a break all the time?

The stamp machine has been broken for so long at my local PO that they just boarded up where it was. Looks really good.

Lammie":1i0golxx said:
If I didn't have a PO box, I swear I would never darken the door of that place! I don't get mail at my house because there is too much opportunity for someone to steal your identity, not to mention the mail box abuse. Had one for a while and kept getting knocked down.

Ever lost the key to your PO box? A new meaning of frustration.

And I realize that clerks probably deal with about a million jerks a day, but really, I'm not one of them - yet. I'm trying to get my stuff done. Try to be a little nicer. I didn't go all postal on you.

Why, when they build bigger post offices, don't they hire additional clerks? What is the good in having six windows if there are two clerks and one of them is on a break all the time? The stamp machine has been broken for so long at my local PO that they just boarded up where it was. Looks really good.

They're following Wal-Marts lead on that one. :lol2:

john250":3nw4ovrx said:
People who use a PO Box instead of a real address are usually hiding something.

Not always!

We use a PO Box for mailing address due to our receiving a lot of legal mail and checks in the mail. Living in a rural area where there are delinquent kids, drug, and break and enter arrests being made weekly, there is no way we would have our mail put in a roadside mail box!

We also post a real physical address for people, UPS, FedEx, etc.

JMO

john250":3mzb3dx1 said:
That's the same (il)logic of someone with a prepaid phone has a problem.

We have both a PO Box and a physicial address and they still cannot find us. :mad:

When a box is marked Fragile that does NOT mean to use it as a football or soccer ball!
Nothing i hate worse then ordering hatching eggs through the mail and receiving a wet box. Payback is letting it set outside for 3 days then returning it to you Post Office and leaving it there.

Put the clerks with chips on their shoulders on a walking mail route or the backroom.

Quit putting my mail in my neighbors box and theirs in mine.

Lammie":3eevmfui said:
too much opportunity for someone to steal your identity

Yep -- but even if you only mail things AT the Post Office -- the thugs can still steal your identity...

Not to hijack a thread, but if you want to talk about a "created market" by the banks... they do not require online applications to be validated from the person's home phone number so fraudulent accounts are created, then the stores allow in store purchases without valid identification on those newly opened accounts by allowing the thug who got your SSN to key it in on a keypad, then you refuse to pay the bill because it's fraud, the bank doesn't pay the store, the store writes off the loss...

...and you end up paying a bank $10 to $15 per month to protect your identity in the future...

...hmmmmmm

john250":lmgfh34b said:

I was just trying to make Lammie feel special--didn't realize I would hit so many nerves along the way.
I guess I'm just lucky. I've had the same box out by the road for 15 years. Postal service hasn't really been a problem.

john250":10r9k6ob said:
I had a p.o. Box,used to keep in touch with family... Even met some nice ladies via ads... I wonder if they will ever invent an easier way to write friends and family.... And maybe meet some dates!

Alan

john250":3bl3l7gi said:
john250":3bl3l7gi said:

I was just trying to make Lammie feel special--didn't realize I would hit so many nerves along the way.
I guess I'm just lucky. I've had the same box out by the road for 15 years. Postal service hasn't really been a problem.

Mr. John, in 15 years i have replaced over 20 mail boxes. I have all my important mail send to the PO Box and everything else to the rural add.

curtis":asmhgqqg said:
john250":asmhgqqg said:
john250":asmhgqqg said:

Mr. John, in 15 years i have replaced over 20 mail boxes. I have all my important mail send to the PO Box and everything else to the rural add.
At the old farm we used to lose mailboxes pretty regular. Finally put a 4 inch pipe filled with concrete and set 4 foot deep on wither side. Just like magic the problem was gone. Although I did see parts from a headlight and front grill by it a short time after I put the pipes in.

I gotta' agree with John, I have replaced my mailbox only to put my name on it in, cuz' I had to take my fathers' off. But then again, I will leave for a couple of weeks and leave the house unlocked in case a friend needs in. Actually, I don't know where the keys are, and the basement door can't be locked. I like the area I live in. gs

Latest posts