Flag lowering question

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
I just heard on the news that the President is not going to lower the flag to half staff to honor the service men who were killed in Chattanooga. Wy wife and I do not agree on this. She thinks it should be lowered and I do not. We don't lower the flag everytime a member of the military is killed over sea's. These service men in Chattanooga were serving their country just as much as those over sea's are. Should they have been armed? YES! But they still died in honorable service of their country. I respect them and thank them for that. But we do not lower the flag for every soldier that is killed in conflict. Should we treat this differently because they were in the homeland? They did lower the flag after the Fort Hood attack. So I have to ask why lower it then and not now?
I see no difference at all in these two attacks so if was correct to lower it for that event it should be lowered now. Is there a protocol for when the flag should be lowered? I'm a little shook up about this because I've never agreed with oboma before. Although I doubt my reason for not lowering it is the same as his reason for it.

You have a good point but I have no problem with what our sheriff did at our courthouse. The flag will stay at half mask for five days to honor those murdered.

11760159_446739828839289_4499978331768976492_n.jpg

I think it is warranted to honor these victims because the attack was done on our soil by an jihadist. These Men should not have died in their home country this way. It is asinine for them to be trained to defend themselves but be handcuffed stateside. We have some vets here in town that are armed in front of our recruiting stations

http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article ... ers-133651

I'm at our state Capitol , and noticed our flag at half staff this morning.

red angus 2010":zigk2wl9 said:
http://www.gettysburgflag.com/FlyFlagHalfMast.php
This website provides in formation.

Thanks RA.
It looks like the flag is officially lowered for them on Memorial Day but the President can make a proclamation to have flags lowered If he wants to. Since he did it for the Fort Hood shooting he should do it for this one to.

I agree that he should have went ahead and lowered it instead of having to be pressured into it.

The real deal is remembering those that were killed next year, and every year there after. Lots of folks have forgotten 9/11/01, and what and who killed thousands of Americans.

I think they should've been lowered the evening the attack occurred. We had to light the White House up in rainbow colors hours after SCOTUS's decision but it took a week to lower the American flag for 5 soldiers killed in a terrorist attack? There is something wrong with that but somethings been wrong the past seven years.

Latest posts