FIRES!

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":12cf1e27 said:
Help is on he way.......Air Force 1 leaves for Colorado tomorrow and Buckwheat is going to be on board.

O :cowboy: NE OF YOUR BEST LINES IN A GOOD WHILE TB.... :cowboy: :tiphat:

I have been keeping an eye on the Dahl fire and Hawk Creek fire in Montana. The youngest daughter is situated somewhere between the two.

Saw the forecast for Colorado and it does not sound promising. High winds and more thunderstorms .
Please all ,stay safe !

We will sure keep all of you in our prayers. My nephew is stationed at the Air Force Academy base, he had come home on leave for my Mother's funeral and then the fires hit. He doesn't know how bad it is on base and can't seem to find out if any of the homes were damaged needless to say he is nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs. Between the drought and the fires Co. is sure having a rough time of it. We will continue to pray that they get these fires under control and that you get some much needed rain.

Gizmom

3waycross":fmjbdz20 said:
Ned Jr.":fmjbdz20 said:
So that's why they need all that water. :D :D

There was a small fire that got started close to here a couple days ago and there was someones tracks going towards where it was started. I hope they catch the SOB that's going around starting all these fires

How's your water? I guess Pueblo called theirs so most of Chaffee County is shut down. My cousins outside of Trinidad are down to almost nothing. I guess they trade days on the Hoehne Ditch and every time it's my cousin Joe's turn they shut it down.
You folks getting any rain? We had a 20 minute shower yesterday and I almost wept!

Water is down to a trickle around here. Most of what's running now is just spring water. It looked like our mountains might have got a little rain yesterday but we didn't get much in the valley, maybe today we'll get some. I sure hope we don't get any fires going around here because we'd be so low priority right now we wouldn't get much help putting it out. Oh Oh I just heard some thunder. :shock:

TexasBred":279wksju said:
Help is on he way.......Air Force 1 leaves for Colorado tomorrow and Buckwheat is going to be on board.
Normally I wouldn't consider that helpful but this is an election year so I'd bet you guys get some fires put out in a hurry. :lol:

cow pollinater":3ejpgxhw said:
TexasBred":3ejpgxhw said:
Normally I wouldn't consider that helpful but this is an election year so I'd bet you guys get some fires put out in a hurry. :lol:

Colorado voted to have him as their president. He won't thumb his nose at them like he did us.

I'm glad to hear you're ok 3way and I hope you guys get some more rain!
Is it not until august that the mountains start getting those daily showers?

ousoonerfan22":2z8a7au3 said:
I'm glad to hear you're ok 3way and I hope you guys get some more rain!
Is it not until august that the mountains start getting those daily showers?

We usually start the monsoon in July. if it starts soon enuf we my make it thru. We are looking at a lot of money for hay though

Isomade":3qlnxmhi said:
What's the latest on the fires? Are they contained?

80% or better on the Waldo Canyon Fire. This weather is helping. We are looking at rain this PM.

We thought there was a fire around here, and then we found out we were getting smoke from your fires... they must be bad! We were a hot spot in 09 I think it was, many square miles were torched, and we were only about 5 miles away from one of the big blazes.

Yesterday the smoke was so bad here you could smell it well.

Been thinking about you Colorado folk... hope you get some water... we haven't had much here except a thunderstorm that dropped about 1" about 2 weeks ago... We're lucky enough to not have too many people on the creek we're on, and we have the oldest rights, and are the only people with more that domestic rights.

3way, whereabouts in Co are you?

We are now in RED fire danger warning. Got up to 107 here yesterday; supposed to stay near 100 for at least the next couple of days. Had thunder/lightening all night, but no rain. Same forecast for this afternoon.

Nesikep said:
We thought there was a fire around here, and then we found out we were getting smoke from your fires... they must be bad! We were a hot spot in 09 I think it was, many square miles were torched, and we were only about 5 miles away from one of the big blazes.

Yesterday the smoke was so bad here you could smell it well.

Been thinking about you Colorado folk... hope you get some water... we haven't had much here except a thunderstorm that dropped about 1" about 2 weeks ago... We're lucky enough to not have too many people on the creek we're on, and we have the oldest rights, and are the only people with more that domestic rights.

3way, whereabouts in Co are you?[/quote]

South Central about 70miles due west of Colorado Springs!

The fire up here (High Park) is fully contained.
We rec'd about 3" of rain since Thursday night!!! That is an amazing amount for us. I'm pretty sure they got at least that much on the fire, so hopefully it put out the hot spots in the interior of the perimeter.
The fire in the Snowy Range in Wyoming rec'd a bunch of rain over the weekend too, so I think that one is pretty much under control as well.
Yeah, the smoke was something else. Hubby has some respiratory problems already so, we had several very challenging days for awhile. The rain was a blessing, even with the mudslides and some flash flooding. I wouldn't normally want quite that much all at once, but everything was so dry, that anything less wouldn't have done much. It's also been alot cooler, so hopefully the pastures and hay fields will come out of dormancy and start growing too!

I guess rule of capture doesn't apply to much surface water.

Late getting to this, but glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was and some rain finally came you guy's way. The pics looked devastating-I can only imagine what it was like being there.

greybeard"[b:2f4vqphs said:
]I guess rule of capture doesn't apply to much surface water. [/b]
Late getting to this, but glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was and some rain finally came you guy's way. The pics looked devastating-I can only imagine what it was like being there.

That kind of talk will get ya killed around here!

My Grandfathers last words were don't let those sunsabytches take the water!

Latest posts