Finally Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech

Reaction score
This is first decent rain we have had since back in June or July. It has been raining since around 1 am. I can't wait to see puddles on the ground when the sun comes up. It will be a great feeling to have mud stick to my boots again. The light rains we had got the clover and rye to sprout. Now with this rain it will grow pretty good for some spring grazing.
Vette, and all you other folks that have been in drought, I sure hope you still have enough grass alive to grow.

I don't know how it stayed alive...but the planted winter pastures greened back up when the rains we got over Christmas. And if you walk the "regular" pastures there is some green down under. Maybe mostly weeds, but it is green. :lol: This one is going to make mud. Just starting to let up on the rain now. Looks like it is just about past us now. Wind is really picking up.

Probably be able to keep the cows now......if it continues a reasonable pattern of rain. That has really been the biggest problem the past 15 years.

I'll be thanking the Good Lord for his blessings today! It will be a lot easier today than on the days that don't seem to warrant a thank you, but really they all do.

I think y'all need me to visit more often. I was in Texas Saturday and Sunday. It rained all day Sunday starting at about 4 a.m. Not a pretty drive back. Rain and 35 degrees, yuck!

cypressfarms":m87s7py1 said:
I think y'all need me to visit more often. I was in Texas Saturday and Sunday. It rained all day Sunday starting at about 4 a.m. Not a pretty drive back. Rain and 35 degrees, yuck!

You know you're always welcome cypress...just spend a bit more time in Central Texas next time..... by the way how far are you from Natchitoches? That is some beautiful country around there and a gorgeous community.

TexasBred":23mw4aog said:
cypressfarms":23mw4aog said:

You know you're always welcome cypress...just spend a bit more time in Central Texas next time..... by the way how far are you from Natchitoches? That is some beautiful country around there and a gorgeous community.

Natchitoches is nice. I'm south of there by about 2 hours. You don't really see cajun country until you start getting south of Alexandria. As you go north from Alexandria, Louisiana turns into rolling hills and pine trees. Nothing wrong with that, but I like the flat land and live oaks.

SoTBred, send me a pm and let me know exactly where you are. This was kind of a quicky trip; drove over Saturday drove back the next morning - no time for "playing".

Cypress I use to travel thru the bayou county occasionally but it was quite a few years ago. Sister and brother in law lived in Grand Isle for about ten years and then moved "north" to Gray.

Latest posts