Feeding small square hay vs. round hay

Help Support CattleToday:

I have done rounds for 4 years and last year got a square baler with kicker and a couple wagons and elevator.

This has been the easiest winter for feeding yet. Folks who can't run a tractor can feed your cattle! Tractor can sit for weeks at a time, that adds up. When it is nasty there is a spot I can just chuck em from the mow to the girls to see how hungry they are.

Lower quality hay has always been used for bedding here - what a dream the squares are after wrestling rounds across the pack.

I enjoy the work, only 40 or so to feed but I think it would be easy to feed 80.

Hay is gold to me ( drought veteran ), and you can assess and feed it 60 pounds at a time with small squares. And as previously mentioned, cattle seem to go for the squares.

If I can get the right money, my round baler is history this spring.

KMacGinley":1rq2ybvw said:
Sorry, that was kinda rude of me, I just get kinda tired of all the new pickups around here parked at the coffee shop, where the owners are in gossiping, while working about 3 months out of the year and that is done from an airconditioned cab.
A little physical labor, doesn't hurt anyone and saves a bunch of hay. :)

TV will tell you that 5 minutes a day on a inflated ball , ot a dog biscuit looking thing or a treadmill with weights or whatever is all you need .
Have you looking like a real man in no time .Dont cost much either and you can pay it off .

Aint that kind of them. Me I get into coffee shope any chance I get , thats where the women are too

Latest posts