Favorite Scary Movie

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Since it is Halloween, I was wondering what is your favorite scary movie? Not necessarily blood and gore, but something that either speaks to a certain time in your life or one that really gave you the willy's. For me, it is Carnival Of Souls. Black and white, and just creepy. I love to watch it. I also like the original Halloween. It's corny but effective. I was always a sucker for a good Vincent Price flick, and aren't they all good in their own way? And it's not Halloween without The Great Pumpkin, a Charlie Brown classic. "I got a rock!"

So what are you going to watching on television while you wait between trick or treaters?

Lammie":3urb7csc said:
Since it is Halloween, I was wondering what is your favorite scary movie? Not necessarily blood and gore, but something that either speaks to a certain time in your life or one that really gave you the willy's. For me, it is Carnival Of Souls. Black and white, and just creepy. I love to watch it. I also like.......
Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds
:devil2:

i love scary movies and i always have... but they've never really scared me. but some of my faves are pumpkinhead, a nightmare on elm street, jason vs. freddy, the exorcist, and the original amityville horror. and more i just can't think of them right now

Don't have to deal with trick-or-treaters out here but I do feel like I'm getting all the rocks nowadays. Then I hear of someone that gets one the size of a bolder so I just have to realize things aren't that bad. Just have to put the big boy pants on and deal with it.

I'll be watching the stock market today. :shock: Won't need to watch a scary movie tonight. :lol:

I thought about The Exorcist on the way in. Not really scary but creepy, and a good movie to watch on a dark night. The Exorcist 3 is really scary. It made me not want to sleep. I seldom see it.

Scariest picture I ever saw was one of mistymorning and angie together

bandit80":fmloy49t said:

You know that movie scared the crud out of my son. He did okay with it until he saw the part where the video'd the creature at the birthday party and then he just lost it.

I like that movie because it seems to capture the fear I have of the unknown and it is a good story about a man who looses his faith and regains it. Is shows how everything is interconnected. And it scared me. I saw it in a threatre, so that made it better.

"ghost story" hands down would be my favorite,,fred astaire,douglas fairbanks,and some others any body who aint seen it, its a good one. next is legend of sleepy hollow

Hitchock's Psycho. I liked Signs, too. We watched the original Saw on pay per view when it first came out. I didn't know how engrossed I was in it until I realized I'd been holding my breath. I haven't watched any of the sequels, but that one really got to me.

dun":1o4rda5y said:
Scariest picture I ever saw was one of mistymorning and angie together
So you say :roll: . I sold that pic on ebay and made some serious $. Bought a pack of smokes and a diet coke and still had 33 cents left over. :nod: :pretty:

(Is this the response you had in mind MM?? :lol2: )

Friday the 13th, and that movie with Bruce Willis and that boy, can't think of the name of it right now, but at the end, it had a real good twist, never saw it coming, but creepy too.

GMN

GMN":21fdvkuy said:
Friday the 13th, and that movie with Bruce Willis and that boy, can't think of the name of it right now, but at the end, it had a real good twist, never saw it coming, but creepy too.

GMN

Sixth Sense. Same guy directed it as Signs. Those are the only two of his movies I liked.

Frankie, Saw was good the first time. After that, it is just the same thing over and over. Actually, they just get bloodier. I don't like the bloody stuff. I prefer suspense.

Ghost Story is really good. I have not seen it in a while, but it will definitely do the job. Good acting. Fine ensemble cast. Good plot.

Yesterday, I watched the remake of The Thing. I had forgotten how good that was. When the guy's head grows legs and starts walking around? Wow.

Lammie":1xc9s1qr said:
GMN":1xc9s1qr said:

GMN

Sixth Sense. Same guy directed it as Signs. Those are the only two of his movies I liked.

Frankie, Saw was good the first time. After that, it is just the same thing over and over. Actually, they just get bloodier. I don't like the bloody stuff. I prefer suspense.

Ghost Story is really good. I have not seen it in a while, but it will definitely do the job. Good acting. Fine ensemble cast. Good plot.

Yesterday, I watched the remake of The Thing. I had forgotten how good that was. When the guy's head grows legs and starts walking around? Wow.

Thats it!

Bruce Willis was in that other movie to which was pretty freaky too, he was the only one to survive the train crash, can't remember that either.

GMN

Unbreakable. I have never seen it. I have given up on M. Night Shamalamadingdong's movies.

I am a bit of a movie buff, in case you can't tell. My husband can't understand how I can watch the same ones over and over.

xbred":295peqhn said:
the Omen....one mean kid...

The original one, right? Not the remake. Remakes seldom do it for me.

Yes, any kid with his own army of darkness is not to be trifled with.

john250":2xp81zsf said:
The 2008 political conventions were both pretty scary.
Was that the question?

Then why do you have on your Sarah Palin mask?

Latest posts