Favorite place hoildays

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Where have ya'll been National Park or holiday that was ya'lls favorite? Anybody been to any National parks lately?

I live within an hour of the Smokey's, but my favorite visit was a backpacking trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (Phantom Ranch) a few years ago. It makes one realize just how insignificant we all are.

I lived in the Olympics, worked on the edges of and been to Mt Rainier dozens of times, Yellowstone a dozen times (too many people), the Grand Tetons are nice, Glacier is good, Mt Rushmore, and the Redwoods. Hell's Canyon is just a short drive away. This year I am thinking about Crater Lake. Was up to Baniff and Jasper in Canada when I was a kid. Would like to see the Canadian Rockies again some day. Grand Canyon is on the bucket list.

Wife and I try to meet up with friends from Louisiana in a different location every year. So far we've been to New Orleans, Vicksburg, Meridian, Gatlinburg and Pensacola. None of these are places I care to return to but the WW2 museum in New Orleans is really great.

Haven't been for a while, but always like Cumberland Gap State Park, Cumberland Falls State Park is interesting too. Used to go up into the Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge area quite a bit.

Haven't been for a while, but always like Cumberland Gap State Park, Cumberland Falls State Park is interesting too. Used to go up into the Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge area quite a bit.
With those being in Ky, you must be like me and not much into traveling.

Wife and I try to meet up with friends from Louisiana in a different location every year. So far we've been to New Orleans, Vicksburg, Meridian, Gatlinburg and Pensacola. None of these are places I care to return to but the WW2 museum in New Orleans is really great.
I heard the museum was good, stupid 'rona had it closed when I was in NOLA in January.

Been to the aviation museum in Pensacola? We really liked it.

With those being in Ky, you must be like me and not much into traveling.
Yep, with having cattle, I've never been able to do much traveling unless it was somewhere close enough to go in between morning and evening chores. When I was young my parents went to Florida some when school was out over Christmas break was about the extent of my traveling much out of state. My wife is from Oklahoma, so we usually try to pick a time when weather is warm and no calves are expected to go out there about once a year.

I heard the museum was good, stupid 'rona had it closed when I was in NOLA in January.

Been to the aviation museum in Pensacola? We really liked it.
Just got back from there a few days ago and the museum was closed - we really wanted to go.

Mesa Verde National Park ( Cliff Dwellings) in South West Colorado. Great Sand Dunes near Alamosa Colorado located in the San Louis Valley. Valley has the Sangree Mountain range(Blood Mountains ) all 14,000 ft peaks running North and South of the East side of the valley and the Rio Grand Mountain range is on the West Side of the Valley. Should be called National Mounments themselfs in my opinion.

Dinosaur National Park just a little ways into Utah from the North West Corner of Colorado.

Colorado is a beautiful place. Black Canyon near Montrose. Rocky Mountain National Park. And the list goes on and on.

I bet you'd like it. The Alaska Highway (which I drive on every time I go to town) is a great drive from one end to the other. Well, I think it is, I haven't quite made it all the way to Alaska yet, but someday I will get to the end of that trail.
I actually have let my passport run out during the pandemic. Guess I need to get it back