Favorite Scary Movie

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":7gokb9cb said:
Lammie":7gokb9cb said:
john250":7gokb9cb said:
The 2008 political conventions were both pretty scary.
Was that the question?

Then why do you have on your Sarah Palin mask?

I'm so confused that I could vote for Eva Peron, if she was on the ballot.

I thought you were trick or treating.

The original, black & white version of The Night of the Living Dead

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Exorcist

More recently, I think the following all have their good, scary moments: Silence of the Lambs, remake of Cape Fear and Seven. Even "Cujo" had some pretty scary footage.

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, the local ABC affiliate had a late Saturday night program called "Wierd" which specialized in showing horror movies of the time. Very tame by modern standards but, to youngsters sitting on the sofa late at night with our cousins and with a blanket covering all but the top half of our faces, we sure got good and scared watching movies like Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, Planet of Blood and other such movies featuring the old dependable Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, etc.

Arnold Ziffle":2qa2t9q2 said:

The Exorcist

More recently, I think the following all have their good, scary moments: Silence of the Lambs, remake of Cape Fear and Seven. Even "Cujo" had some pretty scary footage.

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, the local ABC affiliate had a late Saturday night program called "Wierd" which specialized in showing horror movies of the time. Very tame by modern standards but, to youngsters sitting on the sofa late at night with our cousins and with a blanket covering all but the top half of our faces, we sure got good and scared watching movies like Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, Planet of Blood and other such movies featuring the old dependable Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, etc.
too add a couple. lon chaney,vincent price.. good ol movies. but like you say lightweight as far as gore

ALACOWMAN":yjgwvccw said:
Arnold Ziffle":yjgwvccw said:

The Exorcist

too add a couple. lon chaney,vincent price.. good ol movies. but like you say lightweight as far as gore

No, I love those old Hammer Studios horror movies. "Scream and Scream Again" was a good one. And all those vampire movies with Peter Cushing. Good stuff.

I love hokey horror films. I had a friend that collected them.

How about The Brain That Wouldn't Die or The Tingler? Dr. Phibes? I could go on all day. I love them all and me and the kids used to watch them on weekends. I wanted them to know not to take everything seriously and all that gore was make believe. One kid took it all in stride and the other would have nightmares.

I have never been able to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Too scary for me. I don't like things that jump out at you. I don't like haunted houses for that reason.

Frankie, you have to watch the rest of the saw movies there so good and twisted. and like lammie said much bloodier. adn i can't belive i forgot to say silence of the lambs!! good one.

This use to be on TV at 10:30 when I was a kid at night, the Night Stalker, pretty scary at that time.

That movie with Nicole Kidman, and the House-Lammie for sure will know what it is called?

GMN

GMN":x2xue4x8 said:
This use to be on TV at 10:30 when I was a kid at night, the Night Stalker, pretty scary at that time.

That movie with Nicole Kidman, and the House-Lammie for sure will know what it is called?

GMN

The Innocents? No, it was something else. I thought it was going to be based on a play, The Turn Of The Screw" which is a good creepy play about kids playing with ghosts, but it was totally bad. Sorry. I hated it. I guess that may be because I don't think that Nicole Kidman can act her way out of a paper bag. She's beautiful and all, I would kill to look like her. She just can't act. IMO. I was just expecting more and I had to watch it twice to get it. Yes, I will watch movies I don't care for more than once. A Passage To India is one great example. Lost In Translation is another.

I don't think that was the title but it may have been.

GMN":m0qybcxv said:

GMN

Night Stalker scared me, too.

I have a good one. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte scrared the living bejesus out of me when I was about five. That fake head rolling down the stairs. It isn't even a horror film, except that it is scary bad. Bette Davis has scary makeup.

LammieI have a good one.[i:25cpn87p said:
Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte[/i] scrared the living bejesus out of me when I was about five. That fake head rolling down the stairs. It isn't even a horror film, except that it is scary bad. Bette Davis has scary makeup.

Bette Davis did not need scary makeup. I remember that one also.

Stephen King - Thing (I think) --> the line "Want a balloon Georgie?" from the clown in the sewer... never have been able to look at clowns the same since...

xbred":1pwynao9 said:
the Omen....one mean kid...

That kid the original one Harvey Stephens is my friends brother. He is a great guy, and doesn't act anymore.

my scary movie is The House.... more jumpy than gory, when a couple inherit a house and they open up the cellar and gremlins come out to get her when he is away.
:devil2: hope everyone is having a good Halloween.

When I was 11 or 12 I went with some cousins and their parents to the drive-in and saw the original "Phantom of the Opera". To me sitting out side watching that movie was scary enough. I sure was not expecting that movie to be such as it was. I know it would not rate high on a 1-10 scale of scary but at that time for me it was at the least unsettling.

GMN, that Nicole Kidman movie was called The Others.

How about House Of 1000 Corpses. Now that one is a combination of gross and funny. I have never been able to watch it all the way through, but there are some funny moments in there.

"Well sh*t the bed!"

I prefer the black and white movies myself. I don't want to see the gore. I want gore you do not see but know is happening. That is a lot scarier. I can think of some scary things in my mind.

If you want truly gross, scary and something of a morality tale, rent Oldboy. It is a Korean horror flick. Nasty. There's a scene in there where the guy removes another guy's teeth with a claw hammer. He plies them out like nails. It's hard to watch.

For just disturbing, it is hard to beat A Clockwork Orange.

These are movies that I will not watch alone and seldom watch anyway. Too obvious.

I remember seeing the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still" on TV when I was a kid. Scared the heck outta me. I see there's a remake with Keanu Reeves coming out.

Never was real big on the gore films like the Freddy Krueger stuff, Chainsaw Massacre, etc. I did like the original "Halloween", which sort of started it all, but it's pretty tame by today's standards.

The one that probably made me jump the most times was the original "Alien". When that thing busted out of John Hurt's chest, I freaked.

I know what you mean Van, I was like that with 'The Thing'(1982) when the Dr went to do CPR and the thing came out and chomped his lower arms off.

~Chainsaw massacre was scary or more harrowing, knowing it was based on a true story. I just felt poor kids to have to endure that sort of pain.

28 days later, i can't believe it hasn't been mentioned!

Signs is also not bad but I dont consider it realyl scary. Just entertaining.

Nothing beats the original Amittyville Horror. Nothing. I love my black lab, Katrina, but she sure as heck would have stayed in that house to suffer her fate had I been the owner of both.