Favorite beer?

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":1kj7un7i said:
I can't do that. Got to have the sweet. That's probley why I can't stand beer, not sweet.
I can't drink any wine with a cork either.
I hear ya Jed. Something about that screw off lid makes it much better.

Bigfoot":3hgdjq86 said:
I guess I'll alienate myself even further. I have never drank a beer.

I'll be an alien with you; I've never drank one either and don't intend to.

Finally, a topic I know something about.

I drank regular Bud for years, and still do, but the Black Crown that Anheuser-Busch recently came out with is my new favorite. I don't know how widely it's distributed. It's a little heavier than the regular Bud, but not overwhelmingly so like some dark beers. It also has a higher alcohol content, so if I'm going to be drinking more than two or three I stick to regular Bud. The Ziegenbock that Anheuser-Busch makes is also very good. I believe it's their answer to Shiner Bock and available only in Texas. I like a lot of Shiner's beers, but I prefer the Ziegenbock to Shiner Bock. The Shiner Hefewizen is one of my favorites. The Whitewing they recently came out with is pretty good, it's similar to Blue Moon. The Wild Hare they had a year or two ago was unfit for human consumption, but I've never had an India pale ale that was. The Shiner Premium that they recently re-introduced is also good. It's a little more bitter than some beers, but only a little. I don't like a lot of European beer because it's too bitter for my taste.

I never buy light beer (except for my wife and sister).

I enjoy Samuel Adams new seasonal beer "Cherry Chocolate Bock". I am the only one in the family that likes it. So more for me!

chippie":1bef9o9m said:
I enjoy Samuel Adams new seasonal beer "Cherry Chocolate Bock". I am the only one in the family that likes it. So more for me!

I hope that's a good thing. Cherry Chocolate? No offense, but that sounds like horrendous beer. Unless you're buying. Then it sounds great. Get a big bag of ice, too.

I live in a dry county, so cheap American beer just over the state line is my only choice and I buy Busch. When I get out of town I buy Becks or Sam Adams, and expensive bonded bourbon. I can get clear liqueur locally. It's all good. I can't recall ever pouring any of it out. I don't mix mine, but sometimes add a squeeze of lemon

Miller Lite for my daily couple and then I like about all the rest. A buddy and I buy lots of craft type brews and split them. Piney River Brewing Company is a local brewery that is doing very well. I like all of their products and enjoy visiting their BARn to sip and visit.

J&D Cattle":2radnv9l said:
Miller Lite for my daily couple and then I like about all the rest. A buddy and I buy lots of craft type brews and split them. Piney River Brewing Company is a local brewery that is doing very well. I like all of their products and enjoy visiting their BARn to sip and visit.
"Daily Couple"?? That sounds a lot like the standard answer given to the highway patrolman. :lol:

TexasBred":2gh2hl90 said:
J&D Cattle":2gh2hl90 said:
"Daily Couple"?? That sounds a lot like the standard answer given to the highway patrolman. :lol:

LOL, In my much younger days that would have been right! I generally stop at the fridge on my way in the door. Might just have 1 before dinner and one with but nothing hits the spot like a cold beer to wind down. Weekend's are a little harder on the supply.

john250":2ory2ql9 said:
Leinenkugel is good beer. But if I'm buying, it's Bud Light.
Local brewers are all the rage. They tend to love adding little flourishes to their beer. Raspberry beer. What the heck is that? To me it's like those fruity coffees. I want coffee and beer. I don't want you getting all clever with the flavor. I like the taste of beer, maybe it's my German side.
Tried some citrus flavoured beer called 'Flying Fish' this weekend :yuck: :yuck:

alisonb":1706bxt5 said:
john250":1706bxt5 said:
Leinenkugel is good beer. But if I'm buying, it's Bud Light.
Local brewers are all the rage. They tend to love adding little flourishes to their beer. Raspberry beer. What the heck is that? To me it's like those fruity coffees. I want coffee and beer. I don't want you getting all clever with the flavor. I like the taste of beer, maybe it's my German side.
Tried some citrus flavoured beer called 'Flying Fish' this weekend :yuck: :yuck:

Worst I ever had was a blueberry and another was hazlenut. Those two were undrinkable. A black cabin smokey ale once too. Those are the only 3 beers that I've been forced to throw away. Terrible.

If Fat Tire was the only beer left on the planet I'd just quit all together. That stuff makes Old Milwakee taste good. :yuck:

I like Fat Tire an awful lot. Always thought it would taste good over vanilla ice cream. A Fat Tire float. Used to drink Milwakee's Best Light in my poorer days. It was "canoe beer" or whatever somebody called watered down beer earlier.

Isomade":30axn94a said:
If Fat Tire was the only beer left on the planet I'd just quit all together. That stuff makes Old Milwakee taste good. :yuck:
Send me your Old Milwakee...I'll pay you back in Lone Star. :hide:

Once back in the 70's I made a road trip to some rodeos in Texas. I met a guy who owned a Coors distributorship. He wanted to know why I didn't bring any Olympia beer with me. I thought of all the bad names we called Olympia beer and asked why when he had a warehouse full of Coors would he ever want an Olympia. Of course at that time you couldn't buy Coors in Washington. I think we all want what is different and difficult to get.

Dave when Coors first came to Texas it was only in the DFW market. Anytime someone was going that way everyone would order a couple of cases of Coors. Can't give it away now. There's is a little gas station/convenience store/bar (beer only) I visit occasionally. Just from observing I'd say their largest movers are:
1. Natural Light
2. Bud Light
3. Miller Light
4. Keystone
5. Coors Light

Natural light, Keystone and Old Milwaukee are $1.15 for a 16 oz can...all others are $1.50.

Sweeter stouts and porters, but I limit that intake to about 2 per year. :lol:
I do like to cook with it, though....It tastes a lot better as an ingredient

Latest posts