Favorite brand of overalls?

Help Support CattleToday:

GribbleFarms

Reaction score
What's everyone's favorite brand of bib overalls? I like Liberty myself, I've also tried Round House and Dickies. I didn't care much for the fit the Dickies had. As much as I like the Libertys they just don't hold up, I can wear them a year and they are threadbare and falling apart.

GribbleFarms":p5z99f0f said:
True Grit Farms":p5z99f0f said:
Liberty, because the local hardware store doesn't carry Carhartt. Carhartt holds up better.
Might try out a pair of Carhartts, the Co-op carries them in town
You have a Rural King there in Maryville and they carry Carhartts. They normally have better prices too!

I've only bought one pair of Carhartt and they'll be my last. I hate the elastic shoulder straps and they way they snap. That elastic is done long before the material.

My last pair of Carhartts lasted 6 years before the zipper broke, and the legs started getting holes.
See how long this next pair last.

Unfortunately what held up & fit well in the past has gone the way of the dinosaur due to a number of factors. I agree with Slick, the lack of quality e.g. the ridiculously short life span of elastic shoulder straps and awkward snaps on overalls or rain gear is maddening. FWIW...avoid hanging such gear by their elastic straps.

slick4591":2rlmkytf said:
I've only bought one pair of Carhartt and they'll be my last. I hate the elastic shoulder straps and they way they snap. That elastic is done long before the material.
I like the elastic straps, that's one of the reasons why I'll pay more for Carhartt. But my wife hangs all my clothes on a line to dry so I have no problems with scent or the elastic straps.

True Grit Farms":3rkexj02 said:
slick4591":3rkexj02 said:
I like the elastic straps, that's one of the reasons why I'll pay more for Carhartt. But my wife hangs all my clothes on a line to dry so I have no problems with scent or the elastic straps.

I heard some guy on the internet was selling a solar-powered Clothes Dryer for $200. What he sent were a clothesline and some clothespins! :D

Duluth, you pay, but you get a quality product. Their firehose pants are virtually indestructable. Sorta like them Sears Toughskin jeans mama made me wear, except these are comfortable. Their overalls are bad a$$.

True Grit Farms":rrpetpr5 said:
slick4591":rrpetpr5 said:
Carhartt carries a variety of styles without elastic straps & additional sizes online. No way can I go to a store & buy a Xsmall/Tall for me & 2XLT for hubby. I'm still wearing a pair I bought 6 years ago - and I put them in the dryer.

jehosofat":5u6c1av7 said:
Duluth, you pay, but you get a quality product. Their firehose pants are virtually indestructable. Sorta like them Sears Toughskin jeans mama made me wear, except these are comfortable. Their overalls are bad a$$.
I agree.

sstterry":ayv8mim6 said:
GribbleFarms":ayv8mim6 said:
True Grit Farms":ayv8mim6 said:
Liberty, because the local hardware store doesn't carry Carhartt. Carhartt holds up better.
Might try out a pair of Carhartts, the Co-op carries them in town
You have a Rural King there in Maryville and they carry Carhartts. They normally have better prices too!
You are right! I've only been to the Rural King a couple of times I forgot that they carried Carhartt too.