BEER

Help Support CattleToday:

Not supposed to drink it anymore, but if I made one of my Canada fishing trips I would. We used to find a craft beer in Winipeg called Fort Killion I think. Great beer and the after taste was like root beer! In the bush we drank Molson and LaBlatt.

As far as beer goes....I have two favorites....Coors Extra Gold and free. Since OK is a 3.2 beer state (freakin' retards) I either get my Gold from CO or KS depending on which buddy is traveling and where he is coming from.

user29396_55391.jpg

I prefer Wild Turkey and Mt. Dew personally but it is easier to just open a beer when on stage in between songs.

I have had a change of taste I guess in the last couple of years. I can't hardly get a mass produced beer drank anymore. Starts backing up on me. I drank Stag and Miller Lite for years. It's all I can do to get them down. Would rather have a sweet tea or lemonade.

The craft or dark beers now are a different story. Once I tried a few I found out what I liked, and that is generally a brown ales, stouts or porters. I like some better than others. My favorite two right now are Guiness Xtra Stout and Mother's Three Blind Mice. I'd say the 3 blind mice is my favorite. Fat tire is pretty decent and Black Porter from Left Hand is ok too.

I keep a pint of Dr McGillicutty's (sp) apple pie in the freezer for a little snort occasionally.

Ah, Natty Light. Now that's some good beer. Ever had it in the bottle? Even better than in the can. When I was in college we used to drink that by the truck load. There was a store that sold 12 packs (it was a 24 pack cut in half with tape holding the cans in, no joke) for something like $3.99. I think my fraternity pretty much kept Natty Light in business.

4x4dually":2x5ntb3b said:
talltimber":2x5ntb3b said:
Would rather have a sweet tea or lemonade.

Don't pull my man-card for admitting it.....but that Mike's Hard Lemonade sure has been going down smooth lately. I might be addicted to it. :lol:

My wife likes that stuff 4X4. :mrgreen:

4x4dually":2k9u4hey said:
talltimber":2k9u4hey said:

Don't pull my man-card for admitting it.....but that Mike's Hard Lemonade sure has been going down smooth lately. I might be addicted to it. :lol:

I had a girlfriend who would only drink that crap and being a poor college kid, I drank it too so I could save money getting her...nevermind. Anyway, it's not the worst stuff I've ever had, but I wouldnt' go as far as admitting I like it.

J&D Cattle":1eoj1nnv said:
My wife likes that stuff 4X4. :mrgreen:

I knew something like this was coming...o'well, I'm past 40 now and have giving up caring most of the time. I'm packing a 5th of Wild Turkey next to it for the weekend at the lake. A few more hour of this desk and I'm outta here to latch on to the portable house and headed out. Got firewood for the camp fire and the yeti full of beer, whisky, water, and girly drinks. LOL Once we get the kids to sleep, it is "whip out a guitar and the booze" time.

IMG_5401_zpsfxmjfrpi.jpg

Bestoutwest":1vrx0c4z said:
I had a girlfriend who would only drink that crap and being a poor college kid, I drank it too so I could save money getting her...nevermind. Anyway, it's not the worst stuff I've ever had, but I wouldnt' go as far as admitting I like it.

When I was in high school/college a long long time ago, my girly drink was Zima. :pretty:

TCFRH":3h6lfq6g said:
When I was in high school/college a long long time ago, my girly drink was Zima. :pretty:

....with jolly ranchers? Wow. You must have been in college about the same time I was. That craze hit about, what, 1993-5 or so? I never cared for that crap especially with fruit candies in it. I was on Bacardi 151 back then.

4x4dually":30c1kf0f said:
TCFRH":30c1kf0f said:

....with jolly ranchers? Wow. You must have been in college about the same time I was. That craze hit about, what, 1993-5 or so? I never cared for that crap especially with fruit candies in it. I was on Bacardi 151 back then.
Okay, after a quick google, it must have just been a college drink for me since it came out in '93. I don't remember the Jolly Ranchers bit, but then again I've never been one to nurse a drink (long enough to let a Jolly Rancher dissolve?). :p Before (and after) that it was probably Coors Light, which I would still drink if I could find it here.

TCFRH":1mvhyyfn said:
Bestoutwest":1mvhyyfn said:

When I was in college there weren't any of these girly drinks. There wasn't even light beer. The choices were beer or whiskey. There was wine too but it was either cheap wino wine or way to expensive good wine. We would get a half rack of good beer and follow that with cheap beer because after that half rack of good beer the taste buds were pretty much shot. Lots of Reinlander got drank at 99 cents a six pack.

Dave":2s42wmav said:
When I was in college there weren't any of these girly drinks. There wasn't even light beer. The choices were beer or whiskey. There was wine too but it was either cheap wino wine or way to expensive good wine. We would get a half rack of good beer and follow that with cheap beer because after that half rack of good beer the taste buds were pretty much shot. Lots of Reinlander got drank at 99 cents a six pack.

You must be in my dad's era. He was in college when you had to travel west of the Mississippi to get Coor's and you could buy beer in a white can with black writing that said 'BEER.'

Bestoutwest":1ftq9d0g said:
Dave":1ftq9d0g said:

You must be in my dad's era. He was in college when you had to travel west of the Mississippi to get Coor's and you could buy beer in a white can with black writing that said 'BEER.'

Coors wasn't available everywhere west of the Mississippi. There wasn't any in Washington. I would make gas money and maybe more buying Coors in Idaho and hauling the west side of Washington. The generic BEER beer came along in the mid 70's after my college days.

4x4dually":3thglxv0 said:
talltimber":3thglxv0 said:

I won't give you a hard time about it. I said earlier that if I buy light beer it's for my wife or sister (or some other girl), but I'll crawfish on that. I have been known to drink a Bud Light Lime when I'm hot and tired. They go down pretty good then.

I drank a lot of Falstaff and Hamms while overseas but my favorite was San Miguel. 2 bits for an ice cold longneck.

I came back to the states and migrated to Pearl and then Miller Lite for awhile. I drew the line at drinking schlitz or jax tho--I'd do without.

pearl__41542.1436038409.190.250.jpg

Growing up Schlitz was THE beer to drink around my neck of the woods. Then it turned to shyt but Old Milwaukee which is made by Schlitz was still good...Seemed just about everyone drink Ol' Mil....haven't had one now in 25 years. Never drank a lite beer til about the last 15 years.

The ol man always had Old Style or Stroh's in the garage fridge. I was always allowed to have one or two on a hot summer day after push mowing the lawn. Drink Coors Light now in the summer, Killians Red come fall...Was at a Cubs game last year and they were selling Old Style..couldn't believe it, had to buy one for ol times sake...just as good as when I was 14.

Latest posts