BEER

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":2z0ywvip said:
...original Coors is my favorite.
cow pollinater":2z0ywvip said:

I drank lots of Coors when I lived in Northern Nevada, so it doesn't surprise me that you do based on your location ;-) ; Budweiser was verboten and associated with a certain ethnicity in NNV. Now I'm in Central Missouri, can't hardly find Coors and everyone drinks Budweiser. Uck. King of Headaches.

TCFRH":g2261qyo said:
Ouachita":g2261qyo said:
...I can't say I have an all time favorite but Beck's Dark is good. ...When I want a good beer I drink a dark beer.

(Female here.) I've been on a stout beer kick lately, my current favorite is Revelation Stout out of Public House Brewing Company in St. James, Missouri; a close second is Abita Turbodog, which is a bit more "commercial" but still good. I'll have to try the Beck's Dark if I can find it around here. Last year I tried every pumpkin brew I could get my hands on; I think I'll skip that this Fall. When I want something cheap after a hot day outside, I'll drink Stag or PBR (which are basically the same). Nothing quite like getting stares carrying a $10 six pack of craft beer and a $12 18 pack of Stag through the store. :lol:

Public House does a good job. I had a couple of their Elusive IPA's the other day. I'm from Dent County so I get by their brewery a couple of times a year.

cow pollinater":mlr4b1ed said:
Sam Adams boston lager is about the best mass produced beer in my opinion. When I was brewing all the time I made a clone that got pretty darn close to it that I drank by the gallon for quite a while. Newcastle with a cigar is also a good choice and I made a clone of it that was pretty good to.
For just a cheap cold beer that I can get in any convenience store original Coors is my favorite.
My brother brews a lot of beer. I'm not much on drinking beer anymore, but of the different ones he brews and bottles, my favorite is Jalapeno Beer.

Here's one for from "the good old days"..Rooster Ale:
Take an old red, or other cock, and boyle him indifferent well; then flea [flay] his skin clean off, and beat him flesh and bones in a stone mortar all to mash[the other recipe also states that, for the cock, "the older the better," and that "you must craw and gut him when you flea him"] , then slice into him half a pound of dates, two nutmegs quartered, two or three blaids of mace, four cloves; and put to all this two quarts of sack that is very good; stop all this up very close that no air may get to it for the space of sixteen hours; then tun eight gallons of strong ale into your barrel so timely as it may have done working at the sixteen hours' end; and then put thereinto your infusion and stop it close for five days, then bottle it in stone bottles; be sure your corks are very good, and tye them with pack-thread; and about a fortnight or three weeks after you may begin to drink of it; you must also put into your infusion two pound of raisins of the sun stoned.

MudHog":r780vvpv said:
I'd rather :bang: than drink a beer. :) That is one thing I've never "aquired" the taste of and I don't feel left out at all. Now whiskey and bourbon is another story. :tiphat:

Me and you both cause I am not drinking the horrible stuff.
Now a little branch water from time to time and we are on.

Im not a big beer drinker but if I can get a good cold DOS XX on tap, or Corona, with lime Im good to go. Drink a few Michelob and Coors from time to time.

We had been working in Pleasanton TX the last 2 years and this local place had an outdoor spot to eat, great steaks, and cold Dos XX on tap. If I had to chose that would be my final meal.

R.T.":1vbpoogs said:
Good Cold Shinner Dark. Texas beer San Antonio.

Made in Shiner Texas ;-)

I really like Labatt's Light Blue. I'm more of a light beer kind of guy, all the other stuff just fills me up and I feel all bloated. But then I just go have a lick at the bloat block and it's all taken care of!

I live in the wine country of ID. Here we have quite a few good, and not so good, wine producers. Because of that I've developed a rather good affection for wines, especially reds. Too bad it's not a cheap hobby.

My beer preferences depend on the weather. I like the heavier, darker beers more in cold weather. Lighter beers in summer. (Notice I said lighter, not light. If I buy light beer it's for my wife or sister.) Budweiser is my fall-back standard beer, but I like others too. Ziegenbock and Black Crown, both from Anheuser Busch, are good beers. I like some of Shiner's, but not crazy about their Bock. Their Octoberfest is good, and I like the Shiner Premium. It has a little bit of a bitter taste, but not as much as an IPA. I don't like any of the IPAs. Too bitter for me. Someone mentioned Coors. I like their regular beer, but not the light. Lone Star isn't bad.

Most of my friends have one brand and that's what they drink, but if I drink 4 or 5 in an evening it might be that many different kinds.

If I'm at a Mexican restaurant I usually drink either Dos XX's amber (the one in the brown bottle) or Negra Modelo.

And whatever I buy it's going to be in a glass bottle. The only time I buy canned beer is if I'm going fishing and don't want to deal with glass bottles in the boat.

Nesi, I love Alexander Keith's, drank them pints,in anIrish bar in Ottawa walked out went to my Irish friends house and drank more but Keith's, following morning shook my head ,no bad stomach.
Had awonderfull breakfast at at,,were everybody goes in Canada,for breakfast,anddidtne same
Again Saturday night at another Irish pub in Ottawa to celebrate Alexander Keith's 150 birthday, but
We were two months early but the guy in the kilt says no problem lets just celebrate,so we did,
The band was fromNova Scotia,what a kick assbunch off guys in kilts worked there assoff.
Love Canada ,on cruise to UK stopped at Halifax NS, went to Keith's brewery downtown loved it
Was forced to drink more good beer ,back home Bub light drinkr

I'm not sure if it's me, but I find Keith's used to be better when I first started drinking it in about 1997 (it's what was on tap at the university)

I've been drinking natural light since I was big enough to steal it out of paw paws cooler. I've tried many craft beers and don't care for the slime feeling after you take a drink or the after taste . I really hate going out to eat because I can't get natty .

Latest posts