everything calves need to be able to breed in the future

Help Support CattleToday:

ivan.strilk

Reaction score
I have 2 female angus calves, one is a bottle calf, the other one is a weaned 200lb calf(the mother died a day ago) i want to be able to breed them in the future. I was wandering what is needed as far as minerals, vaccines, feed and etc.?

(thank you very much for your help.......i am new at raising cattle)

Wish I could help you. If you receive no nswers you might try your county ag agent. He or she should be able to help you and make it regional as far as minerals and vaccinations.

Find a good LA vet that works with cattle. As a newbie, he/she/it could very well become your best friend, but will for sure be your best source of information for your particular area.

Talk to your vet about vaccinations.

For proper feed for the calves to grow properly, you could ask a local dairy. They raise their cows from calves on the bottle, feed, etc. And their dairy cows grow properly and many dairy calves are weaned at 200lbs I believe.

Beef and dairy maybe a little different in feed and the way they are raised, but its the same concept sionce the calf is on the bottle and the other was weaned early because of its mother's death.

Good Luck!!!!

ivan.strilk":wcnscpsu said:
I have 2 female angus calves, one is a bottle calf, the other one is a weaned 200lb calf(the mother died a day ago) i want to be able to breed them in the future. I was wandering what is needed as far as minerals, vaccines, feed and etc.?

(thank you very much for your help.......i am new at raising cattle)
How did momma die?

i am not sure how the cow died, because i got the calf from the sale barn. The guy guy who was selling it is well known for raising great cows/calves. and the calf is very healthy.

i had/have sorta the same situation, best advice i got was from dun. make sure they adequate high quality feed and they should be fine. worked for me. and like the others said contact your local large animal vet for a vaccination program.

Latest posts