Employees few and far between.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1uv06yu4 said:
TexasBred":1uv06yu4 said:
hurleyjd":1uv06yu4 said:
Private message me and I will send you my address and you can mail me all of your greenbacks. They are worthless.
:lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: Yep....doesn't matter if you own gold, securities, commodities or anything else....when you sell you get paid in greenbacks. Then you can spend the rest of your life trying to figure out what they are really worth. :lol2: :lol2: Even all that US debt the Chinese are supposedly selling is paid back in greenbacks. :nod:

Must be doing something right even Iran will take our greenbacks.
Owning our debt is strategic, if there was a way to shut us down along with our military, all at once put all of our bonds on the open market, create a massive sell off panic. One day the dollar sitting pretty, next day your life savings, 401k and pension worth a loaf of bread. Think about it. Some countrys slowly getting out. China was selling our bonds in quantity because the yaun was not doing so well, they know how it works. Thats why they were being accused of currency manipulation. :hide:

Caustic Burno":1giyxc44 said:
The least of your worries will be owning precious metals if the economy collapses. Staying alive and eating will
move way up on the list.
Yea and farmers and ranchers might be in a better spot. Doing it by manual labor if there is a fuel shortage but eating will be easier. My honey bee's, cattle, pigs and chickens and all the vegitation I have should suffice. I have been watching this for a while. If that shooter had taken out all the republican congressman, it could have taken the stock market into a dive, if Ebola had spread through the whole country when it appeared in Dallas, it would have shut down the economy. That one was scary, I was working 4 hours away, I wouldnt touch a dirty dish in my dish room. I was just thinking what if someone that patient came in contact with ate at my restaurant. I still have the plastic HAZMAT suits for me and the family at the house for the next one hahaha.

BK9954":oaghhv86 said:
Caustic Burno":oaghhv86 said:
The least of your worries will be owning precious metals if the economy collapses. Staying alive and eating will
move way up on the list.
Yea and farmers and ranchers might be in a better spot. Doing it by manual labor if there is a fuel shortage but eating will be easier. My honey bee's, cattle, pigs and chickens and all the vegitation I have should suffice. I have been watching this for a while. If that shooter had taken out all the republican congressman, it could have taken the stock market into a dive, if Ebola had spread through the whole country when it appeared in Dallas, it would have shut down the economy. That one was scary, I was working 4 hours away, I wouldnt touch a dirty dish in my dish room. I was just thinking what if someone that patient came in contact with ate at my restaurant. I still have the plastic HAZMAT suits for me and the family at the house for the next one hahaha.

HeII were the first target of the masses
You will have to keep your head on a swivel and stand guard 24/7.

BK9954":2s6btifa said:
True Grit Farms":2s6btifa said:
TexasBred":2s6btifa said:
:lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: Yep....doesn't matter if you own gold, securities, commodities or anything else....when you sell you get paid in greenbacks. Then you can spend the rest of your life trying to figure out what they are really worth. :lol2: :lol2: Even all that US debt the Chinese are supposedly selling is paid back in greenbacks. :nod:

Owning our debt is strategic, if there was a way to shut us down along with our military, all at once put all of our bonds on the open market, create a massive sell off panic. One day the dollar sitting pretty, next day your life savings, 401k and pension worth a loaf of bread. Think about it. Some countrys slowly getting out. China was selling our bonds in quantity because the yaun was not doing so well, they know how it works. Thats why they were being accused of currency manipulation. :hide:
BK these treasury bonds ARE on the market every day of the year. I mentioned earlier the same bond may be bought and sold man times in one day. It's called profit taking. Keep in mind as well that these bonds have a maturity date and are NOT callable. They are payable at maturity. Bonds are maturing everyday and have been for many years. Investors are paid off....amazingly most buy right back in. They can sell but they can't demand. AND they have to have a buyer and one that will pay their price. You're trying to make very simple something that is a bit more complicated. You don't just get mad and demand your money. :???:

TexasBred":3a5mujig said:
BK9954":3a5mujig said:
True Grit Farms":3a5mujig said:
BK these treasury bonds ARE on the market every day of the year. I mentioned earlier the same bond may be bought and sold man times in one day. It's called profit taking. Keep in mind as well that these bonds have a maturity date and are NOT callable. They are payable at maturity. Bonds are maturing everyday and have been for many years. Investors are paid off....amazingly most buy right back in. They can sell but they can't demand. AND they have to have a buyer and one that will pay their price. You're trying to make very simple something that is a bit more complicated. You don't just get mad and demand your money. :???:
I am aware of the bond market, but if the bonds are worth half or even 1/10th compared to other currencies, who wants it. Its like a crackhead who had borrowed $100,000 from you and 2 others and all he can pay is the money he gets on the corner.
Read this article, open your eyes, get informed
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ial-advice

One thing holding the dollar up is oil is priced and traded in dollars. You need it. Countries are tired of it. It was a benefit of us winning WW2. Our dominance in the middle east has been to maintain that. We invaded Iraq and had Saddam killed after he said he was going to sell oil in other currencies. Iraq was a dollar war, not oil. The last 8 years we have pulled too many troops out of a VERY unstable middle east and Russia has filled the void. You can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink. The writing is on the wall, read the news, the REAL news. I can send it to you. Get informed. Its the best way to see whats coming. Some just cant believe this great nation could ever come to ruin or disaster but we are heading the way of the Roman Empire. Its our fault as a society, we let it happen, we elected them, did nothing, and good people will suffer along with the deserving.

BK9954":2084volh said:
TexasBred":2084volh said:
BK9954":2084volh said:
I am aware of the bond market, but if the bonds are worth half or even 1/10th compared to other currencies, who wants it. Its like a crackhead who had borrowed $100,000 from you and 2 others and all he can pay is the money he gets on the corner.

One thing holding the dollar up is oil is priced and traded in dollars. You need it. Countries are tired of it. It was a benefit of us winning WW2. Our dominance in the middle east has been to maintain that. We invaded Iraq and had Saddam killed after he said he was going to sell oil in other currencies. Iraq was a dollar war, not oil. The last 8 years we have pulled too many troops out of a VERY unstable middle east and Russia has filled the void. You can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink. The writing is on the wall, read the news, the REAL news. I can send it to you. Get informed. Its the best way to see whats coming. Some just cant believe this great nation could ever come to ruin or disaster but we are heading the way of the Roman Empire. Its our fault as a society, we let it happen, we elected them, did nothing, and good people will suffer along with the deserving.

BK held to maturity a bond will always be worth face value. No Loss !! And it was the stated interest rate. Current value is 102 20/32% of par. A million dollar bond is worth 1,026,250.00. Not bad for a worthless piece of paper huh??

You switched the topic. BTW I am informed. The middle east has been in turmoil for a thousand years... nothing new there. Look up, look up chicken little....the sky is not falling but to be on the safe said request your next payroll check be in Chinese yuan. :nod: :nod:

TexasBred":1t671oiq said:
BK9954":1t671oiq said:
TexasBred":1t671oiq said:

BK held to maturity a bond will always be worth face value. No Loss !! And it was the stated interest rate. Current value is 102 20/32% of par. A million dollar bond is worth 1,026,250.00. Not bad for a worthless piece of paper huh??

You switched the topic. BTW I am informed. The middle east has been in turmoil for a thousand years... nothing new there. Look up, look up chicken little....the sky is not falling but to be on the safe said request your next payroll check be in Chinese yuan. :nod: :nod:

I thought I had a negative attitude. Dang it man we have a good chance of survival now. lo IMO

TexasBred":hqinnyd7 said:
BK9954":hqinnyd7 said:
TexasBred":hqinnyd7 said:

Your not reading and understanding what I am saying. Never said the dollar is worthless now. Its actually doing better then it ever should. In 2008 when the housing market crashed, they printed trillions of dollars out of thin air. Do you think this will not catch up with us. One reason is because of our status as the "reserve currency". When this is over it will balance the books. You cant just print money and have no effect on the value of existing currency. With the debt climbing, the ONLY possible and feasible way to pay it back is to print our way out of it. When this happens, who pays for it. You, me, and anyone that deals in dollars. Our dollars are worth "less" when this happens. The internantional community will be affected as well. Dont believe me. Good for you, name calling, makes you feel good huh? Little chicken I am not. I am a man who takes life by the nuts, works his @$$ off, prepares for his destiny and prepares for whatever may come. Its foolish to look at history and see the rise and fall of empires, what causes it, what causes a financial crisis, look at the cycles of economics, and NOT think it will happen again. To prepare yourself for this is a wise thing. My $900 an ounce gold is not too bad right now. Cant wait to see where the price goes in 30 years.

BK I don't think you get it....printing money IS the debt...treasury bills. It's not literally covering the planet knew deep in physical currency.. BTW I didn't call you a chicken. I used the reference to "Chicken Little". You might google it. Now....I want to see you when you try to eat that $900 an ounce gold....he// I'd like to watch you try to eat it at $35 an ounce. How much will a biscuit be worth then and what determines it's value??

TexasBred":3aquiwdc said:
BK I don't think you get it....printing money IS the debt...treasury bills. It's not literally covering the planet knew deep in physical currency.. BTW I didn't call you a chicken. I used the reference to "Chicken Little". You might google it. Now....I want to see you when you try to eat that $900 an ounce gold....he// I'd like to watch you try to eat it at $35 an ounce. How much will a biscuit be worth then and what determines it's value??

As bad as I hate to do it I agree with
TB. Gold or any other precious metal is based on the value of the dollar.
You would be better off bartering 22lr

Caustic Burno":1xmo71x7 said:
TexasBred":1xmo71x7 said:

As bad as I hate to do it I agree with
TB. Gold or any other precious metal is based on the value of the dollar.
You would be better off bartering 22lr

People who think like you have drove the price of 22lr over .04 apiece again. I gave .03.8 for a bunch last month and plan on buying another good lick this month. There's more money and usefulness in ammo than gold.

TexasBred":3vnxtwwh said:
Well thanks for not calling me a chicken, I was wondering about that. I do remember chicken little but I am not him. Gold is to protect my assets. Not concerned about food, I have covered ALL my bases as I have thought about this a long time. On the advice of a family member who majored in Bus. Finance and predicted the crash of 08, I bought gold in the $900's, it opened my eyes. I dont look at the world the same anymore. I just try to spread the word. Some take it, some dont. My job is done here.

BK9954":vgepatso said:
TexasBred":vgepatso said:
Well thanks for not calling me a chicken, I was wondering about that. I do remember chicken little but I am not him. Gold is to protect my assets. Not concerned about food, I have covered ALL my bases as I have thought about this a long time. On the advice of a family member who majored in Bus. Finance and predicted the crash of 08, I bought gold in the $900's, it opened my eyes. I dont look at the world the same anymore. I just try to spread the word. Some take it, some dont. My job is done here.
When we get down to the nut cuttin' we'll see if you're $900 an ounce gold is worth more than my bushel of taters and if anyone wants to trade for your gold.

A man in my area who lived during the depression of the thirties was telling me how he survived. He told me he kept going with chickens. He said that he could sell ten chickens for ten dollars when you could not get $10 for a cow. If a person killed a cow you had a lot of meat to contend with about the only alternately to keep it would be to can it. To can it you might have to go to a government furnished canning house where they had water fuel and cans to can it and any other things you might want to can.

TexasBred":24ir0rkb said:
BK9954":24ir0rkb said:
TexasBred":24ir0rkb said:
When we get down to the nut cuttin' we'll see if you're $900 an ounce gold is worth more than my bushel of taters and if anyone wants to trade for your gold.
But we wont, the dollar will always be strong. :D

BK9954":2fdzfyz5 said:
TexasBred":2fdzfyz5 said:
BK9954":2fdzfyz5 said:
But we wont, the dollar will always be strong. :D
Don't know how strong it will be but it will always be in demand. You can take that dollar to the bank. They will always buy our debt as well. It's a dam good investment. Now turn Glen Beck off for awhile. ;-)

Latest posts