Employees few and far between.

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":29gxukqn said:
BK9954":29gxukqn said:
TexasBred":29gxukqn said:
When we get down to the nut cuttin' we'll see if you're $900 an ounce gold is worth more than my bushel of taters and if anyone wants to trade for your gold.
But we wont, the dollar will always be strong. :D
Don't know how strong it will be but it will always be in demand. You can take that dollar to the bank. They will always buy our debt as well. It's a dam good investment. Now turn Glen Beck off for awhile. ;-)
Been out of society the last week, yes Beck is my nightly program, The Blaze is my favorite channel now, I cant even hardly watch Fox anymore. You are dead right on that. Nice debate Texasbred, be good and pray for rain.

BK9954":w7iycurq said:
TexasBred":w7iycurq said:
BK9954":w7iycurq said:
But we wont, the dollar will always be strong. :D
Don't know how strong it will be but it will always be in demand. You can take that dollar to the bank. They will always buy our debt as well. It's a dam good investment. Now turn Glen Beck off for awhile. ;-)
Been out of society the last week, yes Beck is my nightly program, The Blaze is my favorite channel now, I cant even hardly watch Fox anymore. You are dead right on that. Nice debate Texasbred, be good and pray for rain.
Buddy we got a bit over an inch yesterday....just out of the clear blue. Nice and soaking. Hope you get some soon.

BK9954":7t63q7y9 said:
back your money with gold, gold, gold, gold, silver, silver, silver, silver. Put your money in commodities. I have very little CASH in the bank, little in 401k. My money is in commodities.
Gold Oct. 22, 2017 $1280
Gold Oct. 22, 2016 $1271
Gold up 0.7% in last 12 months
$10,000 gold now worth $10,070

Stock Market is up 18.64% from year ago
$10,000 in Vanguard total stock index fund a year ago now worth $11,863

11,863 - 10,070 = loss of $1793 for every 10k held in gold vs had you sold the gold and bought a stock index

Hindsight is 20/20 but buying and holding gold/silver is a long term sucker bet because....
Precious metals do not reproduce themselves which makes them poor long term investments. - Warren Buffet

A few lbs of gold in 10 years will still be a few lbs of gold, but a few lbs of rabbits in 10 yrs will be a ton of rabbits.

TV commercial for gold was just on...
IF you bought $10,000 worth of gold in 2005 it would've been worth $40,000 by 2012... so buy, buy, buy more gold.
Of course they failed to mention if you bought $10,000 worth of gold in 2012 it would be worth $7,500 today.

I regret being talked out of buying gold in 2005. Had three "money people" talk me out of it but I felt the time was right. I should have listened to my gut. Don't think I'd be interested right now.

yes, I wanted to buy $5,000 - $10,000 in gold around 2002 to buy and hold, but the place I wanted to deal with
upped their minimum purchase policy to 25k from when I first started looking. Wished I had pulled the trigger earlier
and then when it started moving up I lost interest because it only angered me that I didn't.

If I remember right I was looking at $600 an ounce at the time and I figured it couldn't do anything but go up. One guy told me he'd sell me paper gold but I didn't want that. I wanted to run my fingers over it if you know what I mean. Everyone else told me not to do it so I just didn't pull the trigger. One of those many regrets of life seen with the luxury of those rosy hindsight glasses. :lol2: