E 85

Help Support CattleToday:

E-10 has been a standard here for a long time, even before mandated blends, and I cannot claim a single problem with that. Chain saws, gator, no problem. Carburetors, fuel injection--no problem.
E-85 is another animal. The market has embraced E-85 like a red headed stepchild. In Indiana there are two E-85 pumps and they were put in at state expense. No retailer wants to put in the extra tank for a market which doesn't exist. E-85 is purely a further subsidy to the ethanol interests. Some of my best friends in Indiana are ethanol interests, but it still isn't right.

manitgotcoldhere2":gw474hje said:
dun

How much does that premium gas cost you down there it is expensive around here.
E10 is a nickle cheaper a gallon then regular

manitgotcoldhere2":1y45obvz said:
but what does premium cost 91 octane
Have no idea since I don;t use it. There is only one place in town that sells the E10 and no one that sells the higher stuff

all gasoline in the state of missouri is an ethanol blend with the exception of premium 91 octane and marina gas has been since 2008. This is just further proof most of the negative things that are said about ethanol are propoganda rather than fact.

manitgotcoldhere2":1hryek7r said:
all gasoline in the state of missouri is an ethanol blend with the exception of premium 91 octane and marina gas has been since 2008. This is just further proof most of the negative things that are said about ethanol are propoganda rather than fact.
It's a blend but not upto E10. The truck would probably get better mileage with the old stuff rather then the blend. But it gets a lot better mileage from regular then it does from E10

It is e10 Dun has been for years. It is the law. It just shows that propaganda is stronger than facts you have been using the very product you complained about without any problems.

manitgotcoldhere2":26s5xjtz said:
It is e10 Dun has been for years. It is the law. It just shows that propaganda is stronger than facts you have been using the very product you complained about without any problems.
Then why does the one pump specify E10 with the whopping nickle discount and the others don;t

I think someone is just looking to argue with someone..kinda reminds me oif someone else that used to do the same thing a lot on here

It may all have to do with the amount of ethonal , lower doses may not cause problems but higher levels will. You can run a car on a high level of Dri-gas and it will run like the devil. For a few miles, then it burns holes in pistons. Even though it was a new car they wouldn;t honor the waranty becuase they claimed I had abused it.

hooknline":3o0zrt6k said:
I think someone is just looking to argue with someone..kinda reminds me oif someone else that used to do the same thing a lot on here
I was thinking exactly the same thing

Because they can all gasoline in Missouri is E10. With the exception of the 91 octane and marina gas. You complained about the e10 gas from the pump labeled e10 when compared to the e10 gas from the pumped not labeled e10. Both gases are e10. Just propaganda dun.

You do realize the definition of propoganda right: basically touting an idea or product over and over without any proof to back up the claims. You like that propoganda word so much maybe you should back your arguments up with facts so we know your not spouting "propoganda". I backed mine up...your turn

hooknline you did not back up nothing you linked a couple web sites saying how bad ethanol is I can link just as many saying your are all wrong I have over 20 years of forced use of the product you have how many years.

What university study would you like me to link to so you know its reputable info?
Is ethanol hygroscopic?
Is ethanol a solvent or have solvent properties?

I am not a chemist I have 20 years of real world use of the product as in a 20 year study none of the claims you are making have happened in 20 years of use. A 20 year study can you understand that.

I'm not a chemist either. Look it up for yourself and answer the questions. I think its great that you haven't had any problems..but many have
If I smoke cigarettes for 20 years and don't get cancer, does that mean that they don't cause cancer? I'm done with this debate until you post something factual besides your experince

I can't say that I have had any problems with E10 but that is not the point with me yet. What do we do when we get hungry, livestock or man, and we have to decide to "eat" or have fuel for our auto? This is a slippery slope to me.

Phil in Tupelo":2vdg7gyb said:
I can't say that I have had any problems with E10 but that is not the point with me yet. What do we do when we get hungry, livestock or man, and we have to decide to "eat" or have fuel for our auto? This is a slippery slope to me.

This is not a slippery slope for me. Somebody show me where it is written that "we have to decide to "eat" or have fuel for our auto" when with ethanol we can and do have both. Distilling ethanol from corn removes the energy content (starch) from the corn. The actual food value (protein) is still there in the byproduct in a concentrated form (DDG) that is ideal for cattle feed, less so for swine and poultry because it lacks a certain amino acid.

The price for all feed products including corn and DDG has gone through the roof. In part because our weak US $ encourages export of huge quantities of DDG to places like China.

Latest posts