Durvet Ivermectin

Help Support CattleToday:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
With money being a little tight this year, I've decided to make the switch to a generic Ivermectin from Ivomec. I've had some tell me that the generic products aren't as good as Ivomec (or Dectomax, another brand name). However, when I made a comparison of active ingredients, the Durvet Ivermectin seems to have all the same ingredients, at the same levels, as Ivomec. Most importantly (I believe), Durvet has Ivermectin at the same strength (5mg/ml) as Ivomec. This tells me it should be every bit as effective.

My question is: has anyone use the Durvet product and done a direct comparison against Ivomec treated animals? The Durvet product is 1/5th the cost, making it especially attractive. Anyone use another generic, like Ivercide, and can compare it back to Ivomec?

Rod

Just spoke with one of our vets this week about this. She said they have noticed no difference in the generic. The carrier is the difference and how they get the rainfast part of the exprinex and cydectin she said.

They use generic in their own herd. So we are thinking about cutting the cost also.

We have been using the generic for the last 2 years, and plan to use it again this year. We have been getting ours from the USA. The majority of the vets in our area have been telling their customers to purchase the US stuff and if they own cattle they are using it themselves.

I use the Durvet ivermectin on the brood cows and some calves when I don't have the Eprinex setting around. I still use Eprinex on the calves, can't seem to wean myself off of it. Haven't noticed any ill effects using the generics on the cows, I've been told by vets just to make sure and spread the ivermectin out good so as not to burn the animal's hide with the high alcohol content, but haven't had any problems first-hand.

cfpinz

Don't want to intentionally start another thread here, but does anyone buy there meds via the internet, or just the old fashioned way.

I use the cheep stuff but I also switch off and use somthing diferent at least every two years.
This fall I plan to use the injectible Cydectin. Then back to cheep Ivermectin. I used Eprinex a year and a half ago.
I worm every cow twice a year and calves get 3 times.

i have used the generic ivomec since it hit the market with just as good results ,to me if there is the same percent active product why pay more,

I've used Iver-on the last couple of times, seems to work just as good. jp

Latest posts