Dun... a question...

Help Support CattleToday:

redangus

Reaction score
Are you familiar with the Green Springs bull test? I've got a few bulls in their sale: One sale in Mo-Kan Livestock, Passiac, MO this Sunday and one in Mountain Grove on March 24th. I've got two of the top four bulls (ratioed on ADG, WDA, REA, IMF). What can I expect in MO for this sale? The red angus averaged $2300 last year.

Do Missourians have confidence in grass right now?

Not familiar with the test, too far west for us. At the Mo Red Angus sale last week-end the tested bulls that were 2 sold well and a all sold, the younger stuff a lot of them went for the floor price of 1500 and not many sold.
Folks around here are hopefull but not real confident yet in what the grass is going to do. We've gotten warm earlier but we haven;t had any rain in long enough that the ground is cracking so the grass isn;t growing much. It's turning green, just not getting any growth

dun

redangus":2rvjw6h1 said:
One sale in Mo-Kan Livestock, Passiac, MO this Sunday and one in Mountain Grove on March 24th.

Hey Red,

Was thinking of heading to Mo-Kan on Sunday for the Bull Sale. I don't know much about Green Springs either, was just going to see what's out there. It's only about 30 minutes from my place. Best of luck to ya'.

Oh, and I echo what Dun said. I'm further north than he is and we're seeing the same thing - everything's turning green but not growing much yet. Prayin' for rain!

Your first question can be answered like this, you can trust Kent and Kathy Able. Very good operation. The second part is like Dun said, grass is green. Right here, we are still below normal and it wouldn't take a whole lot to get us a hurtin. I have found at Mo-Kan the angus will sell better than anything else. Good Luck

Kent has been very good to work with. I hope you didn't interpret anything different. I just want a big check.

I didn't know how well you knew them and was asking. Anyway I don't have a good feel on the bull market yet. Will see you all Sunday and we will find out then. The following weekend at Mountain Grove is a first and maybe it will work. Also that weekend is our Missouri Limousin Breeders sale at Springfield.

r and s peckman":383pydai said:
I didn't know how well you knew them and was asking. Anyway I don't have a good feel on the bull market yet. Will see you all Sunday and we will find out then. The following weekend at Mountain Grove is a first and maybe it will work. Also that weekend is our Missouri Limousin Breeders sale at Springfield.

Is that the sale they used to hold at Lebanon?

dun

Dun, no. We use to hold the sale in Columbia, but the draw was not good. Seems to be a line through Mo. Only the blacks up North and the red and blacks will work in the South. Had a good sale last year and this one looks to be better. The sale that you are talking about, I believe is the Heartland Sale. I have been to it a few times. Long drive through the hills.