Dumbest Thing That Has Happened To You

Help Support CattleToday:

jka300

Reaction score
I just leaving a field that I finished harrowing yesterday when suddenly the tractor started to bark like i was pulling a plow behind. I couldn't figure it out, thats until I looked behind me and saw that my harrow set was missing 2 of its wheels! So there I was stuck in the middle of the road with this puzzling situation. Anyway I found the calpret that broke the wheels off, it was about 4 inch rock. Both tires must have drove over it. But what really bugs me is that the day before I through that very rock over to the side of the road so that I wouldn't drive over it. I guess it showed me!!

Well the dumbest thing that has happend to me................
My sister, cousin, and I were playing on the hay bales and we pushed one out a little and my lil sis and lil cousin pushed it down the hill........me (being blonde and all I guess) decied "O, I should stop the bale" so I jumped on top of the bale as it was rolling down the hill.............it rolled over me about 2...3 times at the most. When I was able to see clearly I was under the bale and when I stood up I took about 3 very wabbly steps and fell..........I layed there for a second or two.....by the time I woke up my father had me in the house.........I was ok, just a few cuts but nothing bad......I just felt REALLY stupid......trying to stop a hay bale that was WAY bigger than I was...... :oops: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :oops:

Right now the count is up to 1,285,651, but for times sake I'll tell about the latest one.

I was heading out to feed a calf a bottle about 2 weeks ago on a rainy night after my normal 12 hour shift at work. I was taking a short cut under an aluminum hot wire and I raised up a little too early and the hot wire caught me square on top of the head. I went blank there for a second, and everything I could see turned to white. After regaining consciousness and rolling from the face down position in the mud, I tried to remember where I was and why I was wet and exactly how it was that I had acquired a mouthful of grit. I momentarily looked for the bowling ball that I thought had dropped on my head, and when I found the bottle instead, I finally remembered what I was doing. :???:

Being the blonde that I am, I went out to feed the heifers, decided I could just climb the mesh fence and then climb onto the panels as they are right against the fence, rather than walking down to the gate and going through it. I poured the feed, then climb back over, go to jump off backwards, and forgot that I still had to pull my leg out of the smooth wire that's connected there. To say the least, I jumped, without pulling my leg out, and managed to land on my rear. Needless to say, I was very glad I was the only person out there that day, but I managed to laugh at myself before inspecting the bruise and very lovely scar it's leaving me

TREY-L":1jkw81xi said:
After regaining consciousness and rolling from the face down position in the mud, I tried to remember where I was and why I was wet and exactly how it was that I had acquired a mouthful of grit, and when I found the bottle instead, I finally remembered what I was doing. :???:
This part sounds familiar anyhow..... :lol2:

angie":25ibh9nd said:
TREY-L":25ibh9nd said:
After regaining consciousness and rolling from the face down position in the mud, I tried to remember where I was and why I was wet and exactly how it was that I had acquired a mouthful of grit, and when I found the bottle instead, I finally remembered what I was doing. :???:
This part sounds familiar anyhow..... :lol2:

AHHHH, Memories........Good times......Good times. :nod:

Not the dumbest thing ever but the dumbest thing yesterday was when I was driving around a field and the left front wheel fell in a foxhole that was hidden by some weeds and grass. That wasn't the dumb part. I walked 1/2 a mile to get a tractor to pull the truck out. I cranked the truck and put it in neutral. Pulled it out and away from the hole 5 or 6 feet with the tractor. Backed the tractor out of the way and parked it. Put the truck in drive and drove back in the foxhole.

coming down the slight incline from my pasture onto the blacktop I have discovered that tractors will not go forward with the bale spike stuck into the road , whoda thunk it ? :cowboy:

I oerformed a real dumb move this morning. Eating 4 hard boiled eggs before spending a full day bounding around in an ecnlosed tractor cab is not a good idea.

dun":2prcjvwk said:
I oerformed a real dumb move this morning. Eating 4 hard boiled eggs before spending a full day bounding around in an ecnlosed tractor cab is not a good idea.

THAT, made me laugh out loud. :lol2:

Walt

Tried to fart but pooped myself. I wasn't alone either.:oops:

Walt

Now you know why I always complain. Top that one!

I can't top that Walt, but I ran my 4 wheeler out of gas lat night about as far away from the barn as I could get .

Larry

Txwalt":yh1ip2ev said:

Walt

Where is the EWWW emoticon when you need him????
I don't think that one can be topped. :shock:

Txwalt":1gcbiatm said:

Walt

You forgot the rule of 55

After age 55 you; never trust a fart___never pass a bathroom-------and NEVER EVER waste an_______(opportunity.

dun":3hjddl84 said:
What? I don't get it........?
Guy thing maybe?

angie":97thxonx said:
dun":97thxonx said:
What? I don't get it........?
Guy thing maybe?

...formation of noxious gas.... ;-)

dun":37eh1dgy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It coulda been worse. It coulda been pickled eggs and beer!

Had to replace a part of the cable leading to the TV antenna (before the days of satelite dishes) and didn't have enough hands so I place the dead end in my mouth to keep it out of the mud.

Continued to attach the replacement cable and wanted to keep that in my mouth also while I worked on the first end (that was already in my mouth) without taking the other end out first. Needless to say my tongue completed the circuit, the next time I unplugged the cable completely before working on it again.

Latest posts