Due date was yesterday.

Help Support CattleToday:

Moving blankets are the best! I have to take them in town to a commercial laundromat but worth it. We've moved so many times we're fully stocked.

What's up with all the twins this year? And they're doing okay now?
Heifer calf didn't make it, she was in the bag still when my wife found her. She lived long enough to get tubed with colostrum and almost get warmed up before she started the death bawl.

Regardless of survival rates, a different topic, the fact that you are in excess of 70 % calving at 21 days indicates your nutrition levels are in line with the cattle. That ratio, percent calving in the first 21 days of the calculated calving season tells me you are providing appropriate nutrition to your cows at the proper time. Regardless of cost, this is a key metric.

Regardless of survival rates, a different topic, the fact that you are in excess of 70 % calving at 21 days indicates your nutrition levels are in line with the cattle. That ratio, percent calving in the first 21 days of the calculated calving season tells me you are providing appropriate nutrition to your cows at the proper time. Regardless of cost, this is a key metric.
32 days today. 12.5% left. Going to slow down some now and thinking about 20 after June 1.

3 months. But you're DONE. My stragglers drug out my calving this year but I'm blaming it on the epic early heat last year 'cuz I know some didn't take on the first try. Plan B would be to pull the bulls after 60 days and cull the opens but that would be logical, require a vet call and deal with "the bull pen" for an additional month.;)

3 months. But you're DONE. My stragglers drug out my calving this year but I'm blaming it on the epic early heat last year 'cuz I know some didn't take on the first try. Plan B would be to pull the bulls after 60 days and cull the opens but that would be logical, require a vet call and deal with "the bull pen" for an additional month.;)
Three months? Our own were done in seventy days. Had cows been worth more last fall it would have been 50 or less. Our own heifers finished in 41 days.

Latest posts