Drinks....

Help Support CattleToday:

PBR, High Life, or Hamm's if I'm feeling cheap. I like scotch ales and IPAs too, but not for every day drinking.

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
sstterry said:
I have some (a few quarts) of Popcorn Sutton's finest. Even though he as been gone for over 10 years now, I still have quite a bit of his original, that was made by him, stored away (gifts from a client over the years). I don't touch shine personally but it is always fun to pull out for guests at Christmas.

Good stuff..... Add a little honey and it makes good cough medicine.

Bk0C1P7.jpg
But mine is not in a fancy bottle but a Mason Jar, I did not know he had made it until after he was gone. I mentioned to the Client that I always wished I had some of his stuff and the client told me, "Who do you think had been making that stuff I gave you all these years?" He used to bring me a case of quart jars at a time. I am glad I had several quarts put back.
I'd love to get some of that mason jar original. I don't drink much liquor, but if I do it's shine I want.

BFE said:
sstterry said:
jltrent said:
Good stuff..... Add a little honey and it makes good cough medicine.

Bk0C1P7.jpg
But mine is not in a fancy bottle but a Mason Jar, I did not know he had made it until after he was gone. I mentioned to the Client that I always wished I had some of his stuff and the client told me, "Who do you think had been making that stuff I gave you all these years?" He used to bring me a case of quart jars at a time. I am glad I had several quarts put back.
I'd love to get some of that mason jar original. I don't drink much liquor, but if I do it's shine I want.
Don't s know if that is original, but if I remember correctly it is 9-10 years old. It is in a Mason jar about half gone. You can see Mason at the top. There is enough there to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside left.

Banquet Beer and Makers Mark. Non alcohol Ski start everyday with one, likely worse for you than the other two

littletom said:
Banquet Beer and Makers Mark. Non alcohol Ski start everyday with one, likely worse for you than the other two

Had to look up the Ski. Can't remember ever seeing it even though it says it's distrurbed in VA.

kenny thomas said:
littletom said:

Had to look up the Ski. Can't remember ever seeing it even though it says it's distrurbed in VA.

Only other time I ever heard of Ski was in the song: Let's all go, down to Dumas Walker
We'll get a slaw burger, fries and a bottle of Ski
Bring it on out to my baby and me…

Silver said:
kenny thomas said:
littletom said:

Only other time I ever heard of Ski was in the song: Let's all go, down to Dumas Walker
We'll get a slaw burger, fries and a bottle of Ski
Bring it on out to my baby and me…
Now I'm gonna have to hunt the song up

I like Ski a lot. I didn't realize it was a regional soda when I was a kid. I thought it was everywhere like Coke.

herofan said:
I like Ski a lot. I didn't realize it was a regional soda when I was a kid. I thought it was everywhere like Coke.

When I was a kid I read about people drinking soda and I had no idea what it was. It probably wasn't until I was well into my teens that I realized it was the American word for pop.

Silver said:
herofan said:

When I was a kid I read about people drinking soda and I had no idea what it was. It probably wasn't until I was well into my teens that I realized it was the American word for pop.

Water is still a better mix with Crown.

herofan said:

One of the best Root Beers I ever had was Henry Weinhard's. It is regional to the West and we can't get it here. But boy that is some good Root Beer!

Silver said:
herofan said:

I was the same way with "pop" when I was a kid. The only people I ever heard call it pop were our relatives from Indiana. Actually, I don't use the word soda that often. I live in the area where people generally refer to everything as a Coke, or we call it by the actual name. I remember my grandparents generation would often call them "cold drinks."

sstterry said:
herofan said:

One of the best Root Beers I ever had was Henry Weinhard's. It is regional to the West and we can't get it here. But boy that is some good Root Beer!

I do like root beer, but I don't know that one. Around here, we've got Barq's, A&W, and Mug.

herofan said:
sstterry said:
herofan said:

I do like root beer, but I don't know that one. Around here, we've got Barq's, A&W, and Mug.
I'm usually not a big root beer fan, but my fave was Hires... I did find an affordable good tasting rootbeer that's made locally, Caribou, and it's 0.5% alcohol.. same guys make a really nice ginger ale as well

herofan said:

[/quote]

I think it is West Coast only. However several years ago I ordered case just for kicks. It is a level above A&W ect.

Latest posts