Drinks....

Help Support CattleToday:

Two of the Ky Headhunters live just up the road. The famous base drum says Metcalfe county band. Thats here ski is pretty standard drink localy cans in about every truck floor board. No soda or pop here everything is coke

herofan said:
Silver said:
herofan said:
I like Ski a lot. I didn't realize it was a regional soda when I was a kid. I thought it was everywhere like Coke.

When I was a kid I read about people drinking soda and I had no idea what it was. It probably wasn't until I was well into my teens that I realized it was the American word for pop.

I was the same way with "pop" when I was a kid. The only people I ever heard call it pop were our relatives from Indiana. Actually, I don't use the word soda that often. I live in the area where people generally refer to everything as a Coke, or we call it by the actual name. I remember my grandparents generation would often call them "cold drinks."
My father-in-law says Ya'll want some "cold drinks" we have some in the ice box if ya'll like some. 😊

I bet I talk funny to younger generations. I know some things they say I don't understand and all that abbreviation letter crap for texts I don't care for. When somebody text abbreviations I just ask what that means so they have to spell it out. 😅

Farmer Shell, it seems you have got a pretty good response from your inquiry about what people drink.
Now I have a question. What are you going to do with this information?
Are you going sell it to some company as some sort of marketing tool?
Just curious.

Ryder said:
Farmer Shell, it seems you have got a pretty good response from your inquiry about what people drink.
Just curious.
Maybe she has created a pandemic opportunity.

kenny thomas said:
Ryder said:
Just curious.
Maybe she has created a pandemic opportunity.
lm in.

Ryder said:
Just curious.
I'm hoping she's just planning a BBQ and needs to know what beverage to have for us all

kenny thomas said:
How many of you from KY drink Ale 8?

The Ale 8 company is right here in this county. Most folks here including me grew up drinking it. Used to come in returnable bottles. I gave up soft drinks several months ago so haven't had one in a while but used to drink at least one a day. It's really a divisive issue folks either love it or hate it, A lot of folks even here in KY outside of here and a few surrounding counties haven't even heard of it and usually don't like it when they try it, but locally it's a pretty big deal given the choice between Ale8 and any other soft drink most will go for the Ale8.

kenny thomas said:
I like the Ale-8 but only place I visit that I see it is Mt Sterling court day

Yeah, it's big there, but outside of the counties of there in Montgomery County, here in Clark, or Powell Counties it's not too common in other places.

Kenny, I'm in I'll cross the mason Dixie line and bring my boat, a barbecue, shine and fishing, I'll drive the distance and even bring some brats and potato salad.

kenny thomas said:
Mt Sterling Court Days is my favorite place to visit.

We live about 14 miles from Mt. Sterling, but have never been to Court Days there, we sell most of our cattle there at Mt. Sterling stockyards, Blue Grass East. I have been to the court days at Preston a few times.

Ky hills said:
kenny thomas said:

We live about 14 miles from Mt. Sterling, but have never been to Court Days there, we sell most of our cattle there at Mt. Sterling stockyards, Blue Grass East. I have been to the court days at Preston a few times.
I go to Preston also. Stay at the motel beside the cattleman restaurant in My Sterling. We buy guns on gun alley. Very enjoyable weekend. And yes we have an FFL so we are legal to buy them.

kenny thomas said:
Ky hills said:
kenny thomas said:

I go to Preston also. Stay at the motel beside the cattleman restaurant in My Sterling. We buy guns on gun alley. Very enjoyable weekend. And yes we have an FFL so we are legal to buy them.

Preston is entertaining that weekend, packed with people carrying guns, chickens, goats, dogs pigs. Last time we went my wife dropped me out to get a funnel cake and I had to borrow a phone from somebody taking money parking cars to try to find her. Any other time of year the place is empty.

Latest posts