Dream Vacation

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":3pntmeiv said:
I have been places for a specific reason and enjoyed seeing people I haven't seen in a while and meeting new people.
I have been on "vacation" trips with great expectations and usually ended up disappointed, bored, and tired.
I do not understand going for the sake of going.
All I hear most of them talk about is where they ate and what they ate. I eat right here just fine.

Same here. I live within a few hundred miles of the Smokey Mountains. I know people from here who will go and talk about walking in nature trails. Personally, I don't need to drive a few hundred miles to walk in the woods.

My wife says I do not travel well.

Ryder":2t1gyy27 said:
I have been places for a specific reason and enjoyed seeing people I haven't seen in a while and meeting new people.
I have been on "vacation" trips with great expectations and usually ended up disappointed, bored, and tired.
I do not understand going for the sake of going.
All I hear most of them talk about is where they ate and what they ate. I eat right here just fine.

My wife says I do not travel well.

Ditto for me, but if I had all the time in the world, I would start down here in my corner and drive all over the US visiting all the other Posters on here.

Been to South Dakota and would go back loved Rapid City, Mt Rushmore, Sturgis, Crazy Horse, The Black Hills, and Deadwood

Been to Colorado and would go back loved the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame, Focus of the Family, Garden of the Gods and a few others we went to

Been throughout Mexico and Central America not sure if I would go back to much violence and I am to old for that.

Would love to take the Train through the Rockies.

Would love to see the wildlife in Africa would love to see the big cats and snakes.

Australia looks like an interesting place

Hawaii is pretty would love to see the volcanos and Pearl Harbor

Would love to see European and Pacific WW2 battle sites

Would love to see all the major Civil War battle sites.

I have been to the majority of the American sites mentioned but the wife hasn't been to any of them so now that I am retired I get to go see them once again. Already took her to the Olympics, Oregon coast, and the Redwoods. Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, and Glacier Park and next on the list. Neither one of us cares to fly that much so mostly it will be by driving. Having worked for 6 years in SE Alaska I will avoid the cruise ships and show her the real Alaska.
I always wanted to hike the Chilcoot trail that the Alaskan gold rush went over. At 66 I think that is now out of my league.

Latest posts