Vacation and herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a little trip this September, Minnesota to Glacier and Yellowstone. I would mind combining a little business with pleasure. Anything Hereford or cattle things to stop and see or learn along the way? Is there a line one study or something in Montana? Open to suggestions, thanks farmguy.

farmguy":2y5zk77q said:
My wife and I are planning a little trip this September, Minnesota to Glacier and Yellowstone. I would mind combining a little business with pleasure. Anything Hereford or cattle things to stop and see or learn along the way? Is there a line one study or something in Montana? Open to suggestions, thanks farmguy.

Just got back from that same trip (went to Tetons and the Bitterroots as well). Didn't do any formal farm stops along the way, but saw lots of nice cattle in very different environments from what I am used to.

Stayed at a couple of good spots--feel free to pm me if you need any housing recommendations.

Can't help you much with the Hereford's. But we just got back to the motel in Bozeman from Sitz Angus. Sitz Angus served CAB prime rib for dinner and had an open bar. To get to the ranch headquarters you had to drive 5+ miles through the middle of the ranch. It was one of the most awesome places that I've ever had the privilege to go. Make sure you go through beartooth pass its very refreshing.

We're going to Cooper Hereford Ranch tomorrow in Willow Creek, and the KG Ranch in Three Forks.
Everyone at Highland Livestock, the American Fork ranch, Midland Bull Test Station, and Green Mountain Angus have been top notch. And I'd visit them if at all possible when your in Montana. The best I can tell, black cows out number all other cows a 100 to one in Montana.

Cooper Hereford's is a jam up operation. Their bulls averaged $13.8k last year, and the open heifers averaged $7.2k. Super nice folks that said to stop by anytime.

Latest posts