Dream Vacation

Help Support CattleToday:

If time and money are no object......A five(maybe 10) year circumnavigation of Earth on a sailboat through the trade winds with the addition of spur trips to the Artic Circle, coastal Alaska, and Antarctica. As long as we are dreaming, I'd like to build the boat myself, too. I'd say that I've got a much better chance of killing pigs in TX for a couple days this winter and finishing the little airboat I've already started, so that's my backup plan. Aim small, miss small.

Cross-7":37pln7iz said:
Bright Raven":37pln7iz said:
I have lived my dreams. Started out so poor, we didn't have mice. Been to Alaska, hunted British Columbia and Alberta. Hunted Africa.

The Adirondacks are beautiful as is most of New England. Virginia - MT Rodgers, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah Valley. West Virginia - New River Bridge and eastern mountains. Lived where I could get up in the morning, go shoot an elk and come home with it that evening. There is no more stark place than Wyoming except maybe the steppes of Mongolia. Glacier National Park. Bryce Canyon Utah. The high country of Colorado. The badlands of North Dakota. Devils Tower. Rapid City South Dakota and the Black Hills. Denver is the greatest city in America. Red River Gorge Kentucky. Smokey Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee.

I believe Yellowstone National Park in the off season is one of the wonders of the world. So much so, I guess I been there 30 times.

Well I'm glad you lived a privileged life while the rest of us poor working stiffs slaved away while you jet setted the world.
But seriously I'm just jacking with you.
That seems to be the typical CT response though.

Sounds like you've lived right
Maybe in my next 20 years I can catch up

:D.

I forgot to mention the Washington coast especially the Olympic Peninsula.

Farm Fence Solutions":3jkqs9oq said:
If time and money are no object......A five(maybe 10) year circumnavigation of Earth on a sailboat through the trade winds with the addition of spur trips to the Artic Circle, coastal Alaska, and Antarctica. As long as we are dreaming, I'd like to build the boat myself, too. I'd say that I've got a much better chance of killing pigs in TX for a couple days this winter and finishing the little airboat I've already started, so that's my backup plan. Aim small, miss small.

First, you need to get my wire to me. I need to finish that fence and after you use Tornado barb wire, the rest seems like toys!

ALACOWMAN":wksurkmt said:
Think once you reach fifty...you should be arrested if they catch you on the beach....

I'll have you know I've been on a couple of beaches since I turned 50 and I fit right in with the other older fat guys.

I guess I'm simple but for me, I'd to do a road trip. Having a food issue makes travel a nightmare and pretty much impossible. I'd start by going to Crater Lake in Oregon, then mosey down to the aquarium in Monterey Bay (which is supposed to be the best in the world), walk through the redwoods, up the coast to the Hoh rainforest, over through to Glacier National Park, down to Yellowstone and then HOME!!! I think we're buying a camper next spring, so this might actually happen at some point. We'll see.....

Farm Fence Solutions":15plwirh said:
Do you realize that the Arctic and Antarctic are very, very cold?

For me this would not be a dream. It would be a nightmare :!: :drink: :drink:

The boss and I just took our dream vacation, the one we have talked about doing for the past 20 years. We went out west to WY, MT and ND visited several Angus operations ones we have always wanted to see. Met some Angus breeders that to me are genetic masters. I know not the kind of vacation everyone wants but it sure was what we had worked toward and it was great. Spent time in Yellowstone, Glacier and Grand Teton, Jackson Hole, Fort Laramie, Fort Abraham Lincoln, Nevada City and Virginia City. I have no desire to leave the USA there is so much right here that I have yet to see. We spent 30 years where every vacation was work related saw a lot of airports and hotels but didn't have the time to really explore. Now that we are both retired we hope to be able to explore more of this beautiful country, and yes seeing more cattle operations. T

gizmom

I highly recommend London for 3 days. The Westminster area is incredible.

I've been to all the foreign countries I really care about . Still some remote areas of the good ol' USA I'd like to spend a little time in just relaxing. Want no part of the "hot" vacation spots with the huge crowds.

Bright Raven":3jv2mahm said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3jv2mahm said:

First, you need to get my wire to me. I need to finish that fence and after you use Tornado barb wire, the rest seems like toys!

Sorry, I haven't been back to your neighborhood lately. You want me to ship it to you? I've got a dealer in Bowling Green now, if you ever get down that way.