DRAXXIN OR EXCEDE?

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
Which is better for BRD? I know draxxin is more $$.i have used draxxin with success but have never used excede.i know that excede is supposed to be injected into the ear but a guy i know injects it into the neck under the skin.i guess that works for him.

ive used exede with great success on foot rot talked to the local rep she said draxxin was even better exede lasts 7 days draxxin lasts 14 i did cost comparison on the 2. on a 1000 lb animal cost of draxxin is about 4 dollars more than exede with twice the protection so i got a bottle of draxxin to keep on hand.

bse":3l2okspx said:
ive used exede with great success on foot rot talked to the local rep she said draxxin was even better exede lasts 7 days draxxin lasts 14 i did cost comparison on the 2. on a 1000 lb animal cost of draxxin is about 4 dollars more than exede with twice the protection so i got a bottle of draxxin to keep on hand.
Micotil works great on Footrot and is alot cheaper

Can you still get micotil? I talked to a vet about 2 weeks ago and he said he hasn't been able to get it in a long time. Wouldn't surprise me though if he had his vet liscense revoked and that's why he can't get it.

Ill second the micotil vote. Price is much better, plus an older more proven product that has been around longer.
You can definitely still get it.

Draxxin is by far the better BRD drug in my opinion. Also really good on FR and pinkeye (but pricey).
Excede is licensed in the states for ear injections but we give it SQ in the neck on calves under 3 months (we have our vet's blessing).
I personally will never use Micotil again. Draxxin is a far more effective drug for BRD and FR and we proved this in feedlot trials. Plus Micotil can be deadly even if you just prick yourself with the needle.
I also really like Excede, especially for scours.
Have you given any thought to Resflor for BRD? Is it available in the States?

jillaroo":2foyb5o5 said:
Draxxin is by far the better BRD drug in my opinion. Also really good on FR and pinkeye (but pricey).
Excede is licensed in the states for ear injections but we give it SQ in the neck on calves under 3 months (we have our vet's blessing).
I personally will never use Micotil again. Draxxin is a far more effective drug for BRD and FR and we proved this in feedlot trials. Plus Micotil can be deadly even if you just prick yourself with the needle.
I still prefer Micotil mainly for the reason it was so overused for BRD that it become basically useless
against it
The same thing will happen to Draxxin and Excede if we go to using it for footrot when it isn't really needed and I have never had a case of footrot that Micotil wouldn't clear up

jillaroo":2xmomd9e said:
i have used resflor and it did'nt do much.it is also alot more expensive than draxxin when u figure it per dose and then figure all the re-treats on top of that plus the added stress to an already sick animal and i don,t know why anyone would ever use it for BRD.

Latest posts