Drawback to good grass

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":2hsw6f2y said:
skyhightree1":2hsw6f2y said:
Bright Raven":2hsw6f2y said:
I would not advise that in areas occupied by Redneck hillbillies. Does not matter if you are right. The war you start might be the war you die in.

Hey if your raising cattle and that's their feed on your land and there horses " get " into that's their problem.

I understand Sky. But that kind of response is very risky. You can be DEAD right.

" ANYONE " can be dead

skyhightree1":2e1397dc said:
Bright Raven":2e1397dc said:
skyhightree1":2e1397dc said:
Hey if your raising cattle and that's their feed on your land and there horses " get " into that's their problem.

I understand Sky. But that kind of response is very risky. You can be DEAD right.

" ANYONE " can be dead

Yes. And one day we will be DEAD. Later rather than sooner if possible.

callmefence":c4m45hvx said:
dun":c4m45hvx said:
callmefence":c4m45hvx said:
Sounds like you got good grass and a sorry fence
These all come from different directions. The horses went through 3 very hot hot wire fences, the last bunch knocked down pretty decent field fence with 2 strands of barb on the top.

You get any pics
Wouldn;t do any good today. He and his sons spent all day yesterday tearing down a couple of hundred feet of fence and totally rebiult it. T posts instead of wood.

skyhightree1":20f6q0pb said:
Dun that sucks.. you may need some guard rail fencing for them.
We're lucky that we have pretty good neighbors. They have always either fixed it themselves or hired someone to come in and fix it.

dun":t53p240u said:
callmefence":t53p240u said:
dun":t53p240u said:
These all come from different directions. The horses went through 3 very hot hot wire fences, the last bunch knocked down pretty decent field fence with 2 strands of barb on the top.

You get any pics
Wouldn;t do any good today. He and his sons spent all day yesterday tearing down a couple of hundred feet of fence and totally rebiult it. T posts instead of wood.

Little grass for a new fence..good deal

skyhightree1":ejdd336b said:
Rafter S":ejdd336b said:
I had a neighbor (I assume, couldn't prove it) take up 30' of wire and neatly fold it back to let two horses into my place a couple years ago. I had grass I'd been saving for when I weaned heifers, and he had those horses on 4 acres, so you can imagine how much grass they had.

Get some cattle feed with bovatec in it and leave a nice big ol trough full call it a party favor for them stopping by

How do you get the horses to eat the bovatec?

callmefence":2am01cxr said:
dun":2am01cxr said:
callmefence":2am01cxr said:
You get any pics

Little grass for a new fence..good deal
It's not even fence that we use. It's the backside of the hay field that when we graze it we break it up with temp hot wire. I gave him a bad time yesterday. He's been wanting to buy this farm and I told him that sending his cows over was sneaky way of getting it.

skyhightree1":2lbibtc4 said:
Rafter S":2lbibtc4 said:
I had a neighbor (I assume, couldn't prove it) take up 30' of wire and neatly fold it back to let two horses into my place a couple years ago. I had grass I'd been saving for when I weaned heifers, and he had those horses on 4 acres, so you can imagine how much grass they had.

Get some cattle feed with bovatec in it and leave a nice big ol trough full call it a party favor for them stopping by

The place has since been sold, so the problem has been solved (I hope).

True Grit Farms":3anj41ly said:
skyhightree1":3anj41ly said:
Rafter S":3anj41ly said:

How do you get the horses to eat the bovatec?

Its in pellets like regular horse feed so they just will eat it on their own.. That's why its not good to have it in places you keep horses and cattle together..

Latest posts