Dr. Seuss

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
The guy who wrote the books died in 1991 the books are now overseen by Dr. Seuss Enterprises.

C&P

• Dr. Seuss Enterprises, the company that preserves and protects his legacy, announced early Tuesday that the six books would no longer be published
  • Almost immediately after the announcement, the prices of those books surged hundreds of dollars on eBay
  • A vintage copy of 'If I Ran the Zoo' was priced at $510 after receiving 54 bids, while a copy of 'Scrambled Eggs Super!' was at $565 after 58 bids
  • A copy of 'The Cat's Quizzer', which the seller marketed as brand new, was going for $630 after receiving 48 bids
  • It came as outrage grew on social media among those who said Dr. Seuss was being 'canceled'
  • Their anger was also directed at President Biden after he omitted Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day
image.png

Last edited:
People who are outraged about a few unpopular books being discontinued or a toy changing its name seriously need to find a hobby. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but this sure is a dumb thing to dwell on.

People who are outraged about a few unpopular books being discontinued or a toy changing its name seriously need to find a hobby. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but this sure is a dumb thing to dwell on.
I believe it's the principle. Let's put the shoe on the other foot, people that worry about unpopular books and a need to change a toys name for the reasons that they declare, need to find a hobby as well.

I believe it's the principle. Let's put the shoe on the other foot, people that worry about unpopular books and a need to change a toys name for the reasons that they declare, need to find a hobby as well.
I agree with that. The people who own the rights to the books and the toys made a business decision, and there's nothing more to it. I hadn't even heard of most of those books before yesterday - I don't care if they publish them or not.

Obvious to me that people have their own interpretation of inclusive. It has meant including, encouraging, and embracing ideas, thoughts, speech, people, etc that are "diverse". Covering a wide range from what a person might be most familiar with, comfortable with, or accustomed to. Now it seems the opposite - inclusive seems to mean that a person fits within a range of thoughts, speech and action that is considered good and "comfortable" to someone or some group. Otherwise, it is considered as "hate".
Actually not inclusive at all. Now, a business owner, a company, a social group, a grocery store chain, an author, a neighbor, a food product, an old children's toy, a chicken fast food chain, and on and on are determined to not be "inclusive" and need to be destroyed. What is next? Captain Kangaroo? Andy Griffith show? Green Acres?
For sure, we don't need to worry about running out of stupidity. We have been very inclusive in that regard.

I guess the kids will have to stop singing the song......Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world.
Can't be singin this no more!

I could not agree more. We have people leading our country dwelling on this BS and will continue until 2024. Don't they have more important things to do.

I agree with that. The people who own the rights to the books and the toys made a business decision, and there's nothing more to it. I hadn't even heard of most of those books before yesterday - I don't care if they publish them or not.
It's the reason these companies are doing this is what is frustrating! Dr Seuss was a liberal, he just wasn't "woke" enough

Biden apparently took speech lessons from Dr. Suess' writing style.

Will books which put white folks in a bad light also be eliminated?

Latest posts