Seeing Dr. Tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Well gotta get my leg checked out.

As most may remember my milk cow kicked me 3 times last month on the 20th. Had a really large bruise and a lump. I kept it iced and elevated for a few days.
The bruise has faded, but the lump is still there and it hurts when touched. there is no feeling below the lump.

Hope it is nothing serious and is just a slow healing soft tissue injury.
will let you all know what I find out tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow. And if you don't like the first answer don't be afraid to get a second opinion. jmho. Jim

Ask him how he thinks mine looks while yer at it. :lol2: :lol2: Got the same treatment from an old pet. she got me 3 times fast as a snake. Hurts worse now than it did at the time.

Good Luck

Had the same thing you described. Mine was some sort of minor blood clot. Doc cut a hole in it and drained it, then packed it with gauze for 5 days. Took the gauze out and stitched the hole. Not nearly as bad as it sounds.

I know how ya feel
had a cow in the alley get her head thru the bars and flip yesterday got her leg out of the alley also while I was trying to get her head back out she nailed me on the side of the knee every thing from the knee down to my toes went numb instantly my two small toes are still numb this morning and leg hurts like heck
No bruising as I don't bruise easily but sore as heck to lift my leg or put weight on it

I got it in the hand last year, took forever to heal, the bump remained for months, but eventually did go away

dam cows vision gives em pin point accuracy , horse just kicks back hope'in to hit something.. ive been missed grazed and kicked by horses but a cow seldom well miss a target

Well good news. After some x-rays and an ultra sound the Dr. said the lump will go away in a couple more months.
they were worried that I might have had a bone chip and also blood clots that might get into my veins.
Got a clean bill of health so I'm pretty happy. :banana:

ALACOWMAN":2pv1px3a said:
dam cows vision gives em pin point accuracy , horse just kicks back hope'in to hit something.. ive been missed grazed and kicked by horses but a cow seldom well miss a target

I gotta disagree here.....

I been kicked a ton of times by cows. hurt ? yes lord.....but not busted up.

every time I have been kicked by a horse something got busted.....

want real accuracy...... let a mule plan to kick you....you will be hurt.

One reason i try to gentle my cows and get them accustomed to me getting my hands one em is as a result when I am close to them or putting them in a chute and such they are much less likely to kick.

I already have my fall heifers coming up to the headlocks to eat and I lock em in and pet em every night. Right now I am reaching thru and rubbing their necks. As they quiet down I will move to the back and touch them as i walk by.

pdfangus":2ko6ke7x said:
ALACOWMAN":2ko6ke7x said:

One reason i try to gentle my cows and get them accustomed to me getting my hands one em is as a result when I am close to them or putting them in a chute and such they are much less likely to kick.

I already have my fall heifers coming up to the headlocks to eat and I lock em in and pet em every night. Right now I am reaching thru and rubbing their necks. As they quiet down I will move to the back and touch them as i walk by.
Have you started kiss'in them on the cheek yet? If so, when you get around to the rear where you going to kiss'em.

If I did....somehow I think I would not record it here.....

just cause I like em gentle does not make me a perv....

you do it your way and I will do it mine.....

I have been clear on here that I am now strictly a hobby cowman. If I want to take em in the house and feed em at the table that is my business......
but even when we had fifty I saw value in having them quiet and gentle.

No one ever walked through my cows and talked about crazy angus. Most of my old customers talk about how gentle and quiet the stock they got from me is.

pdfangus":rhgwek8l said:
ALACOWMAN":rhgwek8l said:

didnt say you wouldnt get hurt,, cows just more accurate,

I thought 50 head was a hobby farm. I have read where some people put them in the bathtub. I would rather have a little less cow and have it be calm, wild and crazy will hurt you.

reckon it depends on how much hobby you can afford and when the bookkeeping counts.

there are big cattle farms in Va. but even with the big ones counted the average herd is about 35 head.

cows here are more of a side line than a primary enterprise. Many are land use cows and some are just cash flow cows.

pdfangus it was my jersey milk cow that got me. Seems like it is the milk cows that are the worse at kicking me. This is #3.

I have gotten into pens with some of our beef cows who had calves that needed help to nurse and they could have sent me straight into a wall, but didn't.
Also hand milked one cow straight into a bottle to feed her sick calf.

Now I'm not saying I trusted these cows, but I know the damage they could do to me if they wanted to.

ALACOWMAN":10xmcj4l said:

AND can kick every direction in the world.

went in the salebarn one evening to collect a check,, their trucker was setting on a bench with sweat pouring his head laid back eyes closed, seems he was running a cow on the trailer.. and the cow made direct contact to the coin purse :shock:

Latest posts