The guy who wrote the books died in 1991 the books are now overseen by Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
- Dr. Seuss Enterprises, the company that preserves and protects his legacy, announced early Tuesday that the six books would no longer be published
- Almost immediately after the announcement, the prices of those books surged hundreds of dollars on eBay
- A vintage copy of 'If I Ran the Zoo' was priced at $510 after receiving 54 bids, while a copy of 'Scrambled Eggs Super!' was at $565 after 58 bids
- A copy of 'The Cat's Quizzer', which the seller marketed as brand new, was going for $630 after receiving 48 bids
- It came as outrage grew on social media among those who said Dr. Seuss was being 'canceled'
- Their anger was also directed at President Biden after he omitted Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day