Done with Ford for good!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Because of the fact that I ordered a new F-350 Ford 6.0 diesel, cab and chassis in the fall of 2005 and have been dealing with that heap of junk all these years. My days of pulling equipment, hay, tractors etc. with a one ton P/U are over. B&G
2007 Freightliner M2 106, 250 hp C7 Cat, Allison automatic. 105,000 mi. Just got last Saturday

Starting to see bunches of those at rodeos. They look like they would get the job done. I can't justify having it, but I've always wanted what I call a hot shot truck with a gooseneck hitch. Itd look funny with my 16' trailer hooked to it though. Nice truck btw.

Nice rig. I'd say you'll be much happier with that. I had a 6.0 with same results you and many others had.

now that truck will last you years.doing what do with 1 tons usually blow them out in 3yrs or less.

Nice truck I like it a lot. I pull mine with a dump truck or tractor because we haul rock or dirt to jobs and can do both at the same time we use dump trucks. I think the only way I could have a bed free of junk is to have a flat bed where the junk would roll off.

Is this going to be your daily driving truck? Not exactly the same thing but I've thought about buying a single axle to pull with and keep miles off my dodge.

denvermartinfarms":3f3ddqtb said:
Is this going to be your daily driving truck? Not exactly the same thing but I've thought about buying a single axle to pull with and keep miles off my dodge.

No, I run around in a 2009 Ram 2500. Yeah, I would'nt want to have to just drive this truck, pretty rough riding. B&G

Black and Good":oxfwo5w8 said:
denvermartinfarms":oxfwo5w8 said:

No, I run around in a 2009 Ram 2500. Yeah, I would'nt want to have to just drive this truck, pretty rough riding. B&G
The guy we have do our road bore's has a new international terra star and actually drives it about all the time, he's got a pickup, but he drives that international alot more.

Like I've said I've thought about a little single axle tractor for pulling. We move the dozers and track loader with dump trucks, but for skid steers and the backhoe I end up moving them with my dually most of the time. And then hauling cattle 2 or 3 days a week I get alot of miles on my dodge that I could be putting on a 10000$ single axle truck instead of wearing out my good truck. But I like passing by the scale houses when I'm hauling cattle in and out of state, no way I can get by with that in a bigger truck.

Used single axle day cab pop/beer/etc delivery trucks are becoming pretty popular as gooseneck trailer pullers "here". I don't think it is much exaggeration at all to say you can easily get a good used real truck for less than half the price of a wussy new loaded 1-ton pickup :idea: :2cents:

John SD":3hgghuva said:
Used single axle day cab pop/beer/etc delivery trucks are becoming pretty popular as gooseneck trailer pullers "here". I don't think it is much exaggeration at all to say you can easily get a good used real truck for less than half the price of a wussy new loaded 1-ton pickup :idea: :2cents:

IMHO these are the best deals in the truck market right now. There is one around here right now, 07 freight liner with 260 cummins, 9 sp with jake and 180k miles for $17,000. You could not get a used diesel pickup that new for that much. Plus the pop truck would last MUCH longer working it hard.

hillbilly beef man":3ck5zett said:
John SD":3ck5zett said:

IMHO these are the best deals in the truck market right now. There is one around here right now, 07 freight liner with 260 cummins, 9 sp with jake and 180k miles for $17,000. You could not get a used diesel pickup that new for that much. Plus the pop truck would last MUCH longer working it hard.

I used to work for a guy that would buy what looked like used delivery trucks for furniture or what ever. He would take the enclosed part off the back and put flat beds on them. Very handy and pulled great. You can stack a lot of feed, seed, put big water, molasses, fert tanks... stack hay... all kinds of stuff.

Latest posts