dole prods sold the farm across from me to solar panel farm

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
600 acres of solar panels going in almost directly across from me...ugh..not thrilled..used to be a great hunting area and a wildlife corridor..constr starts in may...fack

600 acres sounds like a bunch. Wonder how many houses it will provide electricity to.

i have that info somehwere...dont really care..care about hunting and my property values...but i will say its better than houses and maybe itll keep em away a little longer

dieselbeef said:
i have that info somehwere...dont really care..care about hunting and my property values...but i will say its better than houses and maybe itll keep em away a little longer

I would think the hunting would stay pretty good on your side. Once the panels are installed the land is relatively undisturbed and is a decent place for wildlife.

Your land is going to suddenly become a lot more valuable if the energy company decides they want to put more panels in. I know people that have signed 25 year leases to put their farms in solar panels at $1500 an acre.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Solar panels = huge eyesore, second only to those gawd-awful wind farms.

I would pee on myself with happiness to see solar panels instead of what we get on empty land. Our Local politicians conspire with developers to build giant ghettoplex apartment buildings or trailer parks to flood the voter rolls in certain districts.

JWBrahman said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Solar panels = huge eyesore, second only to those gawd-awful wind farms.

I would pee on myself with happiness to see solar panels instead of what we get on empty land. Our Local politicians conspire with developers to build giant ghettoplex apartment buildings or trailer parks to flood the voter rolls in certain districts.

tup..like I said..beats housing..but not what I envisioned there....was great when they farmed it and let us run it ...huge powerlines run thru it is why it got put there...but the powerline road was a grea path to run the mule on til we got to the spot to hunt......now....sigh.....

Latest posts