dog attack

Help Support CattleToday:

Right now there's a trial going on,neighbor had 6 dogs got out,killed the neighbor lady who was out on her mower.. Thing of it is,these dogs han shown no agressive tendancies whatsoever..they were over a year old,owner swears the grandkids helped give them baths..kids played with them all the time...vet that examened them said they were not agressive with her..
But-someone had shot the most agressive one,as it had attacked rescueres..all dogs had blood on them,and casts of their teeth showed all had bitten her.. These were all(to my eye) pitt crosses,and the worst one looked pure pitt..they were all kept together,no cropped ears or tails,so hadn't been used for fighting...If you can go to "The Austin American Statesman" newspaper,you can read about it..

Hippie Rancher":f8dfxnqc said:
Shoot and shut up is best advice. I would add that good mothering horned cattle will help too.

Yup!

Whoa Be It to any stray dog, yote, etc., that gets into one of our longhorn pens/pastures. The LH can run about as fast as a dog...even the LH calves are "predator alert"...lol. One skewered predator, followed by a horn toss, equals the "victim" a good distance away...lol.

Even a two-legged critter that gets between a LH mama and her calf had better hope "Scotty Can Beam Me Out...NOW!"

Hey Sandblaster, I hear you about all the morons moving to the country and allowing fido free. Almost shot a dog this past fall, but after my dog went after him, he decided to go elsewhere.

We also had some ignorants behind us with what they called their 'community pig'. Those hippies were too lazy to pen their pot-bellied pig up and I got tired of seeing it in my pens stealing feed from the horses, (he didn't bother my horned cows!!). My little cattle dog found out that she likes chasing swine even more than cattle because they make all these WONDERFUL noises when chased. That and a few stings from a whip every time I found him. The neighbors learned how to build a pig pen. 8)

holly heifer":3etywnut said:
:mad: Neighbors dogs got down and killed one of the calves.
:devil2:

One thing you can count on, the dogs will hit again. Once they do this, it is almost a guarantee they'll be back.

Lots of good posts in this thread.

I wouldn't go hanging dogs on fences like coyotes tho. Best to just SSS.

Make the neighbors pay for the calf. Then tell em that if you see their dog(s) on your property again they're gonna be target pracice. I know how mad you are :mad: once 3 wild dogs got into our barn and killed all our chickens, ducks, barn cats, and theey tore up the rabbit cages & killed all our rabbits too.

Better be carefule doing that in Ohio. Isnt that where the guy was convicted of animal cruelty for shooting a dog in his backyard.

Latest posts