Cow Attack Insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

Eqgroup doesn't even respond. Exactly what I expected. As I said before, I contacted every insurance company and independent broker in the area.
That's odd. I have written through them since 2000 and never, ever during business hours, have they NOT answered the phone. 1-800-874-9191. Or, if you are insured now through an independent agency, get them to submit an application for you. If you are insured through a captive agency, they can;t dop it.

Citizens Property Insurance Corp. I knew I had read about Florida Insurance recently. It is the state's nonprofit insurer of last resort. It is run/owned by the state and when all the other companies started to leave Florida it is now the largest property insurer. Citizens is required by law to charge premiums at below-market rates and is under cutting private insurers. They may be able to help you at a reasonable price? Or like most Gub'mint, they create more problems than they solve?
No, this is Florida's guaranteed - issue pool. It provides basic property insurance ..not broad form or special form.. to people who cannot get coverage from insurance companies. Every state has one. In Ga it is called The Fair Plan. Basically it is for people who can't get insurance on their home , to fullfil the requirements of their mortgage company to keep the property insured. Ga, like most states, require you to be turned down by 3 insurers in order to get this forced coverage. I think it is 3 in Fla also. Every year, these plans will look for coverage though the insurance market, and when they find one that will write you, they will cancel this forced coverage. The reason the premiums might be lower than traditional home-owner's, is because it has no where near the coverages a homeowner's policy like an HO-3 , has. It will have a little personal liability coverage on it, but will not have any commercial liability coverage available, for farm, ranch, livestock etc. exposure.

Here in Ga, they won't write anything with livestock exposure any more. The local FB agent here, sends all the equine related business to me. And State Farm won't write a property with out buildings that has hay stored in it.
They write it like crazy in Texas!
Guess y'all got too urban.

They write it like crazy in Texas!
Guess y'all got too urban.
That's the main reason. The larger the book of business, the more accurately you can predict claims liability and maintain reserves for it. An insurer with say a half million homes insured in Ga, can handle a $500,000 fire loss. That is a $1 per policy per year. If an insurer has 100 ranches/;farms insured in Ga, then a 1 million dollar liability claim, that would take a $10,000 per policy rate revision to cover.

Latest posts