Dodge dealer crooks

Help Support CattleToday:

oscar p

Reaction score
Last week my ac in my 05 dodge,been giving me a little trouble. carried it to the local dealer. They Said it had a leak in one of the lines. They ordered the line. Called to see if the line had come in. They said a warehouse had burned or something to that affect. Would take a week or so. The wife said, why dont you just trade for a new one. WHAT!! I almost passed out. I know she just didn't say that. So yesterday I, called around. O'neal Dodge in Breman,Ga. said they'd give the best deal anywhere. Took off down there.Told them about my AC, an other little dents and dings. Picked me out an 2011 mega cab duelly. They made me and offer. Done the paper work.Then came back and said scratch that offer. Said, my AC compresser was shot. It turned part time, and when it didnt turn it had burned the bearings up. I told them they were wrong. I had it checked out at Alexander dodge in Albertville.That, they had ordered the line to fix it. They said Alexander didnt have a diesel tech. I told them it was the AC not the engine. They told me it would cost THEM $1800 to fix it. Would cost me $3000 for them to fix it. Came back with another offer, $2000 less than before.Told them I couldn't do it. Shook hands, Left a little pissed. Got almost home. Local dodge dealer called. We have your AC line. Told them where I'd been, and what they said. They said to bring it in. Carried the truck in, put the line on,charged the AC. Cold,Cold,Cold. Told the service guy,what they said. Service guy told the diesel tech, he told the owner. I paid my, $221 bill an left. On the way home my testicles froze to my legs,and I had to turn the heater on. :oops:

Dodge didnt have anything to do with it. Its the dealer. What really happened was the salesman messed up and gave you a deal the sales manager didn't like. Instead of honoring the deal they made up a BS story so they could still make money.

Angus Cowman":1yrb8pw6 said:
I would drive back down there and ask to speak to the owner or atleast the manager and tell him the whole story
:nod:

I'm glad NOW that I didnt trade. My 05's paid for. But I was madder than a mashed cat, that day.It's just to far to drive back down there. I guess it worked out for the best.

Angus Cowman":13dvpqcy said:
I would drive back down there and ask to speak to the owner or atleast the manager and tell him the whole story

Chances are the manager is the one who signed off on them lying to him in the first place.

How brainless is the dealership?

What is wrong with a sale, and good customer service?

now if they messed up on the sale, but made you happy, I am sure you would have praised them to some one else and they could have made more sales. Why can they not think more than two seconds down the road?

The JD dealer about here is going the same way. Life long JD farms could be about to turn red!

1wlimo":1k0dje36 said:
How brainless is the dealership?

What is wrong with a sale, and good customer service?

now if they messed up on the sale, but made you happy, I am sure you would have praised them to some one else and they could have made more sales. Why can they not think more than two seconds down the road?

The JD dealer about here is going the same way. Life long JD farms could be about to turn red!

The same thing is happening here also. Farms that were green for years are turning red. I have a friend who farms about 4,000 acres of cotton. They started turning red a few years back when the 625 module express came out. When you walk in to dealership and drop a million dollars with the opprotunity to spend more in the future you should really take care of the man writing the check. They finally turned all red this spring when they sold there JD sprayer and brought home a new case IH. Heck that alone was between 225-250,000.
I worked at a dealership for a few years in the service dept. I was around the sale end enough to figure out how they operate and its usually greedy saleman and sales managers that are the problem.

Waldershrek":3q1mn56f said:
I haven't found a Dodge dealership yet that isn't a bunch of thieves

Sad to say but the one here is a crook also. Put the wrong plugs in my sons 03 hemi and poked holes in the cylinder heads. They said the engine blew due to overuse. 66,000 miles. I will never buy from them again.

O'neal Dodge is where I bought my truck just less than 3 weeks ago. The best deal I could find, needed a truck with goose neck hitch ASAP. Had a young punk salesman hang the phone up on me there. So my wife called and got the deal done. Not very impressed with the service, left the spare tire loose after installing the hitch and the truck had only a 1/4 tank of fuel when I picked it up. For sure the worst truck buying experience in my life. I think all car dealers are crooks when it comes to service. A GM dealer in Fl. told me their hourly rate was $109.95 per hour to find a short in my 06 duramax. Cars and trucks should be under warranty for as long as they are willing to finance them for.

Long story short, I new a fellow, friend of a friend, that was a bookie, lone shark, and dabbled in prostitution and drugs. He was busted by the cops and sent to the pen for three years. When he got out he went straight and got a job at a car dealership. I saw him several months later and asked him how he was getting along in the car business. He said he had to quit...."because it was the most dishonest thing he had ever done for a living and he couldn't sleep at night"......true story, no joke. Enough said.....

Oddly enough the only good Dodge dealer I knew of is now out of business because his business partner screwed him lol

Wild Cattle":c8blqlds said:
Long story short, I new a fellow, friend of a friend, that was a bookie, lone shark, and dabbled in prostitution and drugs. He was busted by the cops and sent to the pen for three years. When he got out he went straight and got a job at a car dealership. I saw him several months later and asked him how he was getting along in the car business. He said he had to quit...."because it was the most dishonest thing he had ever done for a living and he couldn't sleep at night"......true story, no joke. Enough said.....
having worked at dealerships since my teens... i have no trouble believing you,,, the General manager that gave me my start had been in prison for murder and drugs... i found a crack pipe behind some paper towels in a bathroom at one dealer i worked for.. the one i work for now is as straight up as a dealer could be,, and not just saying that because i work here :cowboy:

I buy at least a vehicle a year and have pretty much learned to live with a certain amount of being misled. I dealt with a dealer who used to sell only Olds and VW, now that Olds are gone he depends on a single brand and selling used cars. He wasn't the cheapest and he told me that at that point most people leave and very few new customers can see beyond the price but the one's who purchase once keep coming back and he has had families going back 4 generations but it is only a matter of time before he is gobbled up by another mega dealership.
In our county seat of Corydon they forced our GM dealer who was selling cars out of a nice modular and ran his repair shop out of the former Farm Bureau Co-Op buildings go deep into debt to build a new facility or risk loosing the dealership. I'm the first to tell you that I will not buy another GM product. The last GM I have is a refurbished 79 Nova.

High Cotton":3r3lvy3c said:
Dodge didnt have anything to do with it. Its the dealer. What really happened was the salesman messed up and gave you a deal the sales manager didn't like. Instead of honoring the deal they made up a BS story so they could still make money.

Yep thats exactly what happened, we were gonna by a 4 wheeler, locally here at the dealer, guy gave us this wow offer on a trade in to buy new, then 15 minutes later retracted it-not a good way to do business at all-

Latest posts