Dodge trailer lights (rig around)

Help Support CattleToday:

people with no experience in the industry over analyze everything. jump it to the wires on your deck. not the first time its been done and won't be the last.

people with no experience in the industry over analyze everything. jump it to the wires on your deck. not the first time its been done and won't be the last.

Those of us in the industry get to deal with the mess left behind when some knucklehead has tapped into the truck's harness with scotch locks and can't figure it why it won't work and the truck side is dead too.

The right way, the wrong way, and then doing the wrong thing the right way.

Did it work? Get the blower motor fixed for the crew, tell them it's a bonus.

Lol.
It works with my 40' float. Picked up a tinhorn this morning with it. Actually I drive it most of time running material and equipment around. I don't wanna get soft.
Lol. When people ask me why I wear long sleeves, pants, and work boots year round I tell them the same thing. Glad it worked for you.

Oh yea, I'll be down your way tomorrow but it's another rush trip. I'll holler at you sometime. I'd like to meet you some time.

Lol. When people ask me why I wear long sleeves, pants, and work boots year round I tell them the same thing. Glad it worked for you.

Oh yea, I'll be down your way tomorrow but it's another rush trip. I'll holler at you sometime. I'd like to meet you some time.
Anytime. Looking forward to it.

Guess if I was gonna do it, I'd try to use relays. Would take three, that would isolate the truck side if things went bad on the trailer, and might keep the truck's computer from wigging out. That's likely exactly what Ram has going on in the TIPM. Fuse the power feed to each relay appropriately and it's as safe as what the truck came with.

I'm not sure if you could use a fuse tap, as the fuses likely just feed the switches, you'd want to tap in after the switch for the lights to work properly.
Your post reminded me of my old '91 F-series pickups. I added a relay to the light system to keep current out of the headlight switch. These switches led to a goodly number of Ford pickups of this era burning to the ground. Strategic use of a proper relay led to brighter headlights and no chance of overloading the switch.

Latest posts